Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 5:39:01 PM EDT
All of them must die!!!!

How do you kill things the stinking things?

I came just short of trying to shoot them with a 22 pistol because they are too quick for wasp spray.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Burn them with fire  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
they are always flying round my house bout eye level.  They go up to the eves, but come back down.  I take an old tennis rackt and swat them to the ground and stomp em.  Works every time.  

I then take a saturday morning and get some wood putty and fill in the holes.  Take some wasp killer to spray the hole first.  You want to make sure you get the bee out first, then putty over.  The dying bee in the wood will emit a pheramone to attract more bees to the site if you don't get the bastard out.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some termites to chase them out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
How much wood would a wood bee bore if a wood bee would bore wood?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy had some carpenter bees in his barn once.  Our solution was to beat on the barn with a hammer to stir them up, then disintegrate them with our 12 gauges...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have a link to that old thread where some dude shot an AR15 into a barrel full of bees?  It was probably second only to "you can't bring fire on an airplane."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't stand up well to carburater cleaner. Just be careful of some painted surfaces.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Badminton racket!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a beehive built into one of my walls one time.  The bees were showing up in my laundry room.

All I did was leave the light on and go in there once an evening with the ol' trusty Hoover upright.  The first and second nights, I sucked up about 40 bees and then they started tapering off.  After about a week or so, they were all gone.

They did know what hit them.  By the time they realized something was wrong....TTTHHHOOOOPPP!  They were in the bag.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
catch 'em, put them in the freezer for a while, and glue them to small balsa wood airplanes.

Vroom vroom, you'd have the SuperHornet of insect powered airplanes.

flypower
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of wasp spray, and putty. Smoke too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I shoot them down with my drozd bb machinegun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
they are always flying round my house bout eye level.  They go up to the eves, but come back down.  I take an old tennis rackt and swat them to the ground and stomp em.  Works every time.  

I then take a saturday morning and get some wood putty and fill in the holes.  Take some wasp killer to spray the hole first.  You want to make sure you get the bee out first, then putty over. The dying bee in the wood will emit a pheramone to attract more bees to the site if you don't get the bastard out.  

That's why it's not good to kill individual bees, of ANY kind.

The wood bees won't bother you; ignore them. Just replace the rotted wood when the season is over. Oh, crap. You live in Florida.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#14]
.22LR shotshells.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top