Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 5:36:15 PM EDT
Ok,

I am sorry for posting this in GD, but I want to let everyone that has expressed an interest in Wild Boar Hunts that the final piece of the puzzle has fallen into place tonight!

LAND is now available!  I have now secured 850+ PRIVATE acres of East Texas property for hunting.

I know this property VERY well, and it is a windfall to be able to hunt this land with others.

The only requirement on this property is[bold] NO unguided hunts[/bold].  The landowner is not going to allow strangers to hunt the property without a guide (myself or one of the others.)  However, if you are a 'private' hunter, this means I will still remain on the property while you hunt, but I will NOT be at your elbow throughout bugging you.

I have discussed the policy with the landowner, and a decision will be made about unguided hunts after a reputation has been established by the 'stranger' as a safe, responsible person/hunter.

I will go to the property later this week to put up feeders, bait some feeding areas, and draw some maps (GPS coords, etc.)

Maximum is 4 hunters per hunt.

FWIW, I have hunted this property extensively and can put you right onto the hogs.  

Camping (primitive) is available.  Fishing ( I caught TWO 3 pound Channle Catfish there 2 weeks ago), hiking and limited 4-wheeler use, is also available.  

TheRedGoat

PS.  I am doing [bold]backflips[/bold] that this land is available.  This is the location where I shot 4 hogs within 1 week.  I have been back to the place to re-hunt since then and I have seen extensive new sign.

PPS.  Multiple tree stands are already in place back in the 'bottoms' of this property with feeders nearby for those that are not interested in stalking.

Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WooHoo!

Now, when I get working again, I know what I'm going to be doing on at least ONE weekend!
View Quote

Sounds good to me.  I am excited, this looks like it is going to be alot of fun.

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top