Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:40:32 PM EDT
Yes, friends! It's true! I'm one step closer to sleeping in a place I can actually call (sort of) mine.

Two years and two months of living in hotels and other people's houses is soon going to be at an end!

Now all I need to do is buy firniture, and a bed, and an ET system, and drinking glasses, and flatware, and towels, and a vacuum cleaner, and a ......
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
not as good as you thought is it? and guess who gets to clean up.... YOU@!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You need to get married to a divorced chick, that way you don't have to buy anything, her ex-old man already has....  J/K Z man!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
..and a gun safe and toys to fill it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't think that's a problem, he's one squared and organized guy, you could do surgery in his truck!

You remember, eh?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Two gun cabinets are in my immediate future!

Oh, and no problem on the joke, shipmate! But this shit will be MINE! The ex-Mrs. Zaphod can keep everything (I actually left most of it behind for the girl's sake).

I spent more money today than on any other single day in my life, short of buying a car or house. $3300 for furniture and $5500 for the ET system. I'll post pics of that once I've got it set up.

50-inch HDTV, Denon stereo and DVD, Tivo, and Infinity speakers! BHD is gonna drive my new neighbors nuts!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Congradulations.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. Tomorrow I get to buy my bed.

It will be wonderful to sleep in a bed of my own after 26 months of not having done so....

But who's counting?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats Zaphod.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget to buy Renter's Insurance.  It's like homeowners insurance for the apartment dweller.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
26 months (hey... I went 54 months )

Cry me a river

Very cool!  Looks like I might end up driving truck through the winter, if that's the case, first of the year I'm heading down... after uh... "Christmas break" down... uh... "there"

ETA:  And I'll bring some hardware with!  Go shooting and then hit Zapata for some killer fajitas!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two gun cabinets are in my immediate future!

Oh, and no problem on the joke, shipmate! But this shit will be MINE! The ex-Mrs. Zaphod can keep everything (I actually left most of it behind for the girl's sake).

I spent more money today than on any other single day in my life, short of buying a car or house. $3300 for furniture and $5500 for the ET system. I'll post pics of that once I've got it set up.

50-inch HDTV, Denon stereo and DVD, Tivo, and Infinity speakers! BHD is gonna drive my new neighbors nuts!

Felicidades.  !!?Me permite a visitar?!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It will be wonderful to sleep in a bed of my own after 26 months of not having done so....

But who's counting?

Be sure to buy a good bed, not a cheap one.  You will spend more time using the bed than the ET.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't forget to buy Renter's Insurance.  It's like homeowners insurance for the apartment dweller.

Yepper. I'll be updating the insurance on the "toys", too. Haven't done that in a LONG time....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Felicidades.  !!?Me permite a visitar?!!

Sure. First beer is on me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But who's counting?

Be sure to buy a good bed, not a cheap one.  You will spend more time using the bed than the ET.

Serta Perfect Sleeper on an iron bed frame. I'm gonna sleep like a baby!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats, now all you need is a girlfriend to clean it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Congrats, now all you need is a girlfriend to clean it.

Believe me, I'm working on it.....

In reality, I don't mind cleaning my own place.

Yeah. I know. ---->
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Congrats !!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I spent more money today than on any other single day in my life, short of buying a car or house. $3300 for furniture and $5500 for the ET system.

And still no M1A

Congrats Lou....but I thought you enjoyed living out of a suitcase
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I spent more money today than on any other single day in my life, short of buying a car or house. $3300 for furniture and $5500 for the ET system.

And still no M1A

You can always count on my M1A conscience to spring up!

Trust me! One is coming........someday!

Who knows? I may up and order one just as a celebration when I've finally gotten settled down.

Congrats Lou....but I thought you enjoyed living out of a suitcase

Oh, yeah! Hoots!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrads on your new place, but I would concentrate on bring any all bill up to date.

As for shooting hardware, I would start on something a bit more modest, such as a SKS.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Congrads on your new place, but I would concentrate on bring any all bill up to date.

All bills are up to date. In fact, the money I'm spending above is 0% interest for anywhere from 18-24 months, and I COULD pay in cash (in a month or two) if I wanted to.

Thank you for the warning, my friend. I've learned that lesson the hard way, but a reminder is always appreciated!

As for shooting hardware, I would start on something a bit more modest, such as a SKS.

Already have one. M1A is next on the wishlist. Who knows? I may trade in the Norinco SKS and Norinco AK I have to help soften the blow a little.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You think?

Got a Serta Perfect Sleeper at Sam's Club for $540. Add the iron bed I got on sale for $300, and I'm still WAY below the $1300 1-800-MATTRES wanted for the damned mattress ALONE.

All I need now is some good pillows and a babe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Congrats on the new pad.  

Quoted:

and no pics?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Already have one. M1A is next on the wishlist. Who knows? I may trade in the Norinco SKS and Norinco AK I have to help soften the blow a little.

Man you're way ahead of the game. Personally, I wouldn't trade any of your guns away unless it is for a real good reason, like it's "pointed at your head" kind of thing. I can guarantee that you will regret it in the future. If it were me, my next move, would be step up from an apartment to condo or a house, preferably a house. I hate those communal-style living quarters. So start saving those nickel and dimes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#27]
LET ME BURST YOUR BUBBLE..

i had a move in date of this last saterday ..

I changed the electric bill ,,
I changed the cable.. of course that includes internet
I changed other bills ..
I bought new washer and dryer... < to be delivered >
I bought new furniture < also to be del.. >

called the apt office on thurs . to make sure all was OK ,,
called friday to flirt with the leasing girl .. ;)

show up saterday ready to go .... and yup.. you guessed it ..... it wasnt ready...

have fun
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Congrats on the new pad.  

Quoted:

and no pics?  

As soon as it all arrives and I set it up, I'll be happy to post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
LET ME BURST YOUR BUBBLE..

<snip>

Saturday:

Moved 90% of boxes from storage to upstairs apartment. Thank God a friend helpped or I'd be posting this from the Other Side.

Went to furniture store and ordered furniture.

Went to Sam's Club and bought some essentials and mattress.

Went back to hotel. Ordered bed and electronics online.

Sunday:

Went to Sam's Club and picked up mattress. Broaught home and installed (on floor).

Went to Wal-Mart for essentials.

Went to Bed Bath & Beyond for essentials.

Went back to furniture store to add night stands to order.

Went o apartment and began unpacking.

And you wonder why I'm sitting here posting instead of WORKING?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top