Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:48:04 PM EDT
Anyone else notice this? I dont know about other armed forces, but it seems the Army really has a large Mason community.

I dont have anything against the Masons, I am just curious is all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone else notice this? I dont know about other armed forces, but it seems the Army really has a large Mason community.

Where are you pulling your data from?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a trap! The only reason that they are joining the army in droves is because...

Wait! There's someone at the door, let me answer it and I'll be right back!

Hello? What's this...help! Oh! The humanity...<gack>.....

holy crap, they didn't give him time to sign....

Ok, I'll do it for you...

Eric The(thejustwhacked) Hun
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My best friend when I was in the USMC is a high ranking mason and a member of the knight's templar.  He is rare because he is an important mason but he is only 24.  

Basically all he told me about the masons is that they are the oldest secret society and that they control/have a hand in a lot more than anyone thinks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Watch the Man Who Would Be King and see the answer.  BTW it's a lot easier to take over the world with your own Army.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you pulling your data from?

Ditto. Link or
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Why are there so many white people in the Army?  Anyone else notice it?  I dont know about the other armed forces, but it seems the Army really has a large group of white people.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why are there so many white people in the Army?  Anyone else notice it?  I dont know about the other armed forces, but it seems the Army really has a large group of white people.  

You weren't in the same Army I was, then...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#10]
You tear it down you have to rebuild it,who you gonna call Engineers?  MASONS!!

Sorry to hear about Eric he will be sorely missed!  You did what you had to do Deimos!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Two types.
blacks and whites.
In the Army, you are always moving and always away from family.  With the masons, you show up to a new place and have instant family.  It used to be the Army was your family, but with so many married, young soldiers, they treat the Army like a 9-5.  The abysmal leadership that exists in the field grade ranks does nothing to improve that.  Hence, the masons.
The white type masons (hate to break it down by race, but that is the reality) have an OLD tradition in the US Army and the British Army (from whom we take most of our traditions) old George Washington.  Think it is a coincidence the back of the $1 bill has the masonic all-seeing eye?
Went to a luncheon where the guest speaker was a retired 4 star and 33 degree mason (both the highest ranks in the Army and Masonry) coincidence?  I don't think so.
Oh, and I am not a Mason.
In summary,
On the black side, instant family (From my experience blacks have a very strong tie to family and the seperation would appear to strengthen the desire to have masonic ties)
On the white officer side, tradition and possibility of high rank through favortism.
On the white enlisted side, you don't see a lot of masons.
My two cents
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Two types.
blacks and whites.
In the Army, you are always moving and always away from family.  With the masons, you show up to a new place and have instant family.  It used to be the Army was your family, but with so many married, young soldiers, they treat the Army like a 9-5.  The abysmal leadership that exists in the field grade ranks does nothing to improve that.  Hence, the masons.
The white type masons (hate to break it down by race, but that is the reality) have an OLD tradition in the US Army and the British Army (from whom we take most of our traditions) old George Washington.  Think it is a coincidence the back of the $1 bill has the masonic all-seeing eye?
Went to a luncheon where the guest speaker was a retired 4 star and 33 degree mason (both the highest ranks in the Army and Masonry) coincidence?  I don't think so.
Oh, and I am not a Mason.
In summary,
On the black side, instant family (From my experience blacks have a very strong tie to family and the seperation would appear to strengthen the desire to have masonic ties)
On the white officer side, tradition and possibility of high rank through favortism.
On the white enlisted side, you don't see a lot of masons.
My two cents

This is also how I was explained.

Hoplite, like I said I am not attacking the Masons. I just noticed from many of my military friends (95% of all my friends are in the military) and there are a high number of masons. They all say it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]
They build stronger and better fortifications?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
We are everywhere...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#15]
i never understood exactly what they do.

what do they do?

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Had a buddy that was a street thug like me and was prior service enlisted. He joined the Masons, re-upped, then became an officer, and dropped out of the scene all together. Good for him too. But he doesn't even have contact with the former acquantainces that went on to become Rangers and SF and the like that because of professionalism don't have too much contact with us ne'er do wells anymore either. Whats up with that guys? Oh and do ya'll take legacies? Grandaddy was like a 32nd degree Scottish Right, and I'm tired of bein poor, and too ethical to be a REAL criminal.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#17]
What's with all the Jews in the media?? TV, radio, newspaper, they are everywhere.....

((Sarcastically stiring the pot.......))
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#18]
none of my friend that were/are in the military were/are masons that I'm aware of.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Masons get an extra $150/month pay....it's like jump pay.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I had 2 uncles that were 32nd degree Masons and ran their Lodge. One was a Marine and the other one Army. The Marine Uncle was on the 'Canal & Iwo.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]
There aren't too many 51B's in the Army...limited to line platoons in combat/combat heavy engineering companies.  They aren't just masons but also carpenters too.

And if masons are in line, the heavy platoons in the above units also have one or two 62H's who operate concrete trucks so they too could be masons.

But no, I didn't meet too many masons except in engineering units.

All puns aside, I didn't notice any of the Masonic stuff when I was in.  I have noticed more of it now that I am out and there seems to have been a big push for racial diversification in the Masons.  And most are service members.  I wonder why...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top