Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 8:52:51 AM EDT
Check out this site down here in Florida. They have boar hunting with handguns, swords, hatchets, knives, in addition to archery and firearms. Scroll down and  check out the "Women of Boar Hunting" and the Honeymoon Boar Hunts section. There are some good firearms pictures as well, I saw a couple of guys using AR-15s

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/

ETA:  There are also lots of Bulldog pics for you K9 lovers/haters, of course in these they are tearing up wild boars but I have seen many a hogdog split wide open, those are some mean bastards.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks profesional:

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I was gonna see if anybody would be interested in a group Bayonet hunt j/k
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks profesional:

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-koteles%201st%2011-12-04.jpg

Those pigs like the Bling baby !!! I bet he was shooting sideways like a true gangsta'.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks profesional:

Reminds me of this guy ....

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
tag for the night crew
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks profesional:

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-koteles%201st%2011-12-04.jpg

IBT"TD"P

In Before The "Trigger Discipline!" People
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I've actually hunted with these guys.Good bunch,but Cap'n Ron's a piece of work.Kids he has guiding were decent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I been looking for a place like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I been looking for a place like that. Where exactlt is it? I didnt see it on the web page.

If you go down to the bottom of the page they have a map and contact info, it is on the west side of Lake Okeechobee out in sugar cane country. I would think about doing it myself if we didn't already have a million of the things running around here like cockroaches already.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know why, but I just had to reply with this picture form that site:

But really, I would like to take one with a spear or knife.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't know why, but I just had to reply with this picture form that site:

www.hunt101.com/img/310638.jpg

But really, I would like to take one with a spear or knife.

Now that would be fun. Would love to see someone try to spear a russian boar though !

ben
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I could do a little stop a Clewiston too!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

ETA:  There are also lots of Bulldog pics for you K9 lovers/haters, of course in these they are tearing up wild boars but I have seen many a hogdog split wide open, those are some mean bastards.

Well, this is the whole point!!!!!!! Those dogs were BRED to be mean viscious bastards. I've hunted Hogs with Pits and Pit Crosses as Catch dogs.....they are good for hunting, Attacking, that is what they are bred for....

I wouldn't  keep one around my kids
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, this is the whole point!!!!!!! Those dogs were BRED to be mean viscious bastards. I've hunted Hogs with Pits and Pit Crosses as Catch dogs.....they are good for hunting, Attacking, that is what they are bred for....

I was talking about the hogs being mean bastards I have been chased by a few, as a piece of advice don't get in a pen with a wild one that has just had piglets, the catch dog "T-bone" had her in a corner but when we went to grab the piglets he all of a sudden decided to take a break. I have yet to ever move that fast again in my life and did quite an impressive flip over a 6 foot high wall
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
My son's on that site, under "Take a Boy Wild Boar Hunting".

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-hunting-3-28-04-pm.htm

He was 10, it was his first kill.  The guides went out of their way to make sure he got a decent boar, and it was REALLY exciting for him.  Shot him twice, perfect shots, at him RUNNING at 25 yards.  Unbelievable... all the target practice and video games must really help the hand-eye coordination.  And with a .44 mag, too!

I didn't hunt because I was busy taking video.

ETA:  

Lanceman, think you could hook me up with another hunt for some of the 'cockroaches' for my kid?  We visit Orlando at least once a year.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-hunting-3-28-04-pm.htm

He was 10, it was his first kill.  The guides went out of their way to make sure he got a decent boar, and it was REALLY exciting for him.  Shot him twice, perfect shots, at him RUNNING at 25 yards.  Unbelievable... all the target practice and video games must really help the hand-eye coordination.  And with a .44 mag, too!

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-tincher%20boy%203-28-04-pm.jpg

That's really cool, any hunting with dogs running game is exciting, I grew up deer and hog  hunting with dogs, we had about 10 head, the last 10 years or so I have been still hunting only, kinda boring but managing dogs is a pain in the ass these days. Hell I don't want to shoot a .44 magnum now, much less when I was ten, glad he had fun, from the pictures it looks like everybody on that site is having a good time
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was talking about the hogs being mean bastards I have been chased by a few, as a piece of advice don't get in a pen with a wild one that has just had piglets, the catch dog "T-bone" had her in a corner but when we went to grab the piglets he all of a sudden decided to take a break. I have yet to ever move that fast again in my life and did quite an impressive flip over a 6 foot high wall

I was talking abolut the catch Dogs, pit Bulls in particular.......I've seen them chew the ears off of hogs
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
That first picture looks like one of the Icy Hot Stuntaz fools.....

I knew a crazy former Marine who would go every year to one of the Hawaiian Islands and hunt boar with a knife.  Personally, I would not go out with anything less than a .308 rifle and a 1911 as a backup weapon.  Boars are dangerous as h*ll.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.a-wild-boar-hog-hunting-florida-guide-service.com/boar-tincher%20boy%203-28-04-pm.jpg

That's really cool, any hunting with dogs running game is exciting, I grew up deer and hog  hunting with dogs, we had about 10 head, the last 10 years or so I have been still hunting only, kinda boring but managing dogs is a pain in the ass these days. Hell I don't want to shoot a .44 magnum now, much less when I was ten, glad he had fun, from the pictures it looks like everybody on that site is having a good time

We had been looking at moving to FL for a while, and I considered getting a larger tract of land and getting a few dogs - save on the meat bill you know - then did some research and found how far hogs will range and how they'll leave an area with hunting pressure.  I guess it's not like deer hunting, where you can have 50 acres or so and have good hunting, you need at least hundreds of acres to have good hog hunting (except hit or miss as they pass through).
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a bunch of MTV rejects. Vanilla ICE/eminem wanna bees

Got Bling?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Looks like a bunch of MTV rejects. Vanilla ICE/eminem wanna bees

Got Bling?

That's one kid who paid them to go on their hunt.  The guides are 100%, bona-fide rednecks.  I'd go again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top