BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2015 10:00:47 AM EDT
Army Times

Stars and Stripes

LA Times

Female soldiers will be allowed to attend Ranger School in April as part of a one-time, integrated assessment, the Army announced Thursday.

The assessment is part of a wider effort to determine whether and how to open combat arms jobs to women. This assessment will be a first for the storied Ranger School, which until now has been open only to men.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt they make it through unless the Army makes the decision that they will pass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that whirring sound you hear.. That's my father and the thousands that went before and after him through ranger training, spinning in their fucking graves.

When do they officially start? If they have a month or so, I bet at least a few end up pregnant.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully they follow the Marines lead and fail them out when they inevitably fail instead of coddling them along.
View Quote

This. Standards are standards, at least for now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Umm....yeah.

Georgia should be a blast for them...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]
April course, eh?  Springtime Rangers.  Have them fucking report in January if you want a real test.  Or July.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully they follow the Marines lead and fail them out when they inevitably fail instead of coddling them along.

The Army doesn't have the balls to tell the politicians to go fuck themselves like the Marines do.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Army doesn't have the balls to tell the politicians to go fuck themselves like the Marines do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

If they can pass to the current standard, then let them.

If not, then no leniency... same standards as the men.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
If they can meet the same standards as the men?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Umm....yeah.

Georgia should be a blast for them...
View Quote

You'd never see me trying it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#13]
My friend, a former Ranger Instructor, told me that when the first woman is "Allowed" to graduate, he will remove any and all Ranger references from his life. He will drop out of any groups he is in, send his badges,awards,medals back to the Ranger school and burn his uniforms.

I go along with his sentiments.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the bloody Rangers mate...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My friend, a former Ranger Instructor, told me that when the first woman is "Allowed" to graduate, he will remove any and all Ranger references from his life. He will drop out of any groups he is in, send his badges,awards,medals back to the Ranger school and burn his uniforms.

View Quote

Let me try to understand this: does he mean that if the standards are lowered for her to 'pass' then he will do this?
if that is the case then I totally support his and your points of view.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
This is good news for overweight over the hill guys. Soon I will be able to be a Ranger too after they lower the standards.

Funny some of you guys say "IF" they lower standards. You think they made this decision thinking its ok if they pass the current regs........ahh grasshopper you are very foolish.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like me to know the tax payer expense for this failure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd like me to know the tax payer expense for this failure.
View Quote

Obviously, it's just a budget surplus the school had from holding quarterly cake sales.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#19]
lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Good luck to them.  My only regret in my Army career is not going to Ranger School after FAOBC.  Oh well.

In any case, respect to these women for having the guts to be the first.  They're not only going to face a difficult school, but also a tidal wave of sexist doubt for the rest of their careers as to their deserving of the tab.  (If they make it, that is)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Last hard class was 25 years ago
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]
None shall pass!!

At least in the first class.  None can make it through day one of USMC Infantry Officer School, and if the Rangers have one pass, then the connections to "Oh, USMC IOS is harder than Ranger school." will naturally be made.  Rangers are gonna avoid this at all costs.

It's a stacked deck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good luck to them.  My only regret in my Army career is not going to Ranger School after FAOBC.  Oh well.

In any case, respect to these women for having the guts to be the first.  They're not only going to face a difficult school, but also a tidal wave of sexist doubt for the rest of their careers as to their deserving of the tab.  (If they make it, that is)
View Quote

Guts? No, its big army pandering, nothing more.

Standards will be lowered you can bet on that.

I seriously doubt any of these "females" can pass a pre-ranger assessment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Last hard class was 25 years ago
View Quote

I'm guessing thats when you went?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Let me try to understand this: does he mean that if the standards are lowered for her to 'pass' then he will do this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. If they lower the standards from when he was a student and then an Instructor he will have nothing to do with them.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many times do I have to profess my admiration for you before my wife bans me from arf?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QED
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Will they all look like Shannon Faulkner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

or this one http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/officer/2015/01/11/erin-mauldin-valedictorian-west-point-rhodes-scholar/21394373/

I would be ok with it if all the woman were similiar to Ronda Rousey, but you and I both know that is simply not the case.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#33]
The standards have been lowered enough in the regular army
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#34]
My friend Steve was a fire captain and said only 2 women ever passed their test.  One was an Olympic class athlete.  I'm sure it will take a bit more than athleticism to pass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#35]
No American woman will go 90 days with little sleep and food.

Shit, I wouldn't, and didn't do it.  Fuck that noise.  Mechanized Infantry FTW!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I understand that there will now be two standards and that any Ranger that passes under the modified standards will be authorized to secure their tab to their uniform with pink thread.  I'm glad to see Big Army is checking their privilege and breaking out of the hetero cage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

or this one http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/officer/2015/01/11/erin-mauldin-valedictorian-west-point-rhodes-scholar/21394373/

I would be ok with it if all the woman were similiar to Ronda Rousey, but you and I both know that is simply not the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Not to poo-poo her achievement, but I knew a Ranger who went through the French Commando course as an old man (40ish IIRC) and he said it was no walk in the park but not as challenging as some other schools he had been to.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I doubt they make it through unless the Army makes the decision that they will pass.
View Quote

*ding*
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#39]
So when they drop out of Ranger school are the SEAL's next?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until they fail and lower them because they are unfair, this is a systematic dismantling of our armed forces! They are purposely going after the backbone of the military and the spec-ops.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]
#waronwomen

I'll become a believer in the cause when they're forced to register for selective service.

Until then...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No American woman will go 90 days with little sleep and food.

Shit, I wouldn't, and didn't do it.  Fuck that noise.  Mechanized Infantry FTW!
View Quote

DEATH BEFORE DISMOUNT
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well that is certainly a reasonable, mature adult reaction.....

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
None shall pass!!

At least in the first class.  None can make it through day one of USMC Infantry Officer School, and if the Rangers have one pass, then the connections to "Oh, USMC IOS is harder than Ranger school." will naturally be made.  Rangers are gonna avoid this at all costs.

It's a stacked deck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#46]
They're sending female soldiers through Ranger school before they're putting any through infantry school? Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can't even peer out foreign troops anymore since the 80s, they stole their berets. I doubt it will end up a good thing for Rangers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
-
View Quote

Ronda Rousey said she wouldn't fight Fallon Fox (a dude who likes to hit girls).  Ronda Rousey knows men and women are built different, and doesn't have an agenda to push.

She hangs around people considerably tougher than her and while she maybe could pass, she'd probably not try it because she knows it'd be physically destructive to herself and that she'd probably not pass for the same reason lots of stronger men don't pass - it's just beyond their limits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They're sending female soldiers through Ranger school before they're putting any through infantry school? Did I miss something?
View Quote

Didn't see it in the article, but I'm guessing it's just officers.

There was an article a few months back with some general whining about how difficult it is to advance as an officer without a tab or a scroll (I forget which is for RR and which is for R school), and how that limits women officers (and weaklings like him) from being able to reach the highest levels of the Army.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#50]
what a load of shit this whole deal is.

fucking progressives will be the death of us
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top