Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:18:35 AM EDT

Source
Faleh Almaleki, an Iraqi immigrant, has been charged in Arizona with running over his 20-year-old daughter because he felt she was becoming
CAPTIONAPPolice say that charges against an Iraqi immigrant accused of running over is daughter for being "too Westernized" will be upgraded following the death of the 20-year-old woman, the Arizona Republic reports.

Faleh Hassan Almaleiki, 48, of Glendale, Ariz., has been returned to the state after attempting to flee to Britain.

Family members said Almaleki was outraged after his daughter married a man in Iraq but returned to Arizona to live with a boyfriend and his mother, the newspaper reports.

Noor Almaleki died on Monday.

Prosecutor Stephanie Low told a Maricopa County judge this weekend said Almaleki has admitted purposefully running down his daughter with a Jeep Cherokee, the Republic reports.

"By his own admission, this was an intentional act and the reason was that his daughter had brought shame on him and his family," Low said. "This was an attempt at an honor killing."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
AZ has the death penalty, yes?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do we let these people in our country?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
time to play by our rules. I sure he will do well in the AZ pen with all the man love.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#4]
poor girl

i hope the shithead dad gets the death penalty
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe if he didn't force his daughter to marry a 50 year old at gunpoint she wouldn't have run away.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Freedom of religion applies both to fundamentalist Islamic nutjobs and fundamentalist Christian nutjobs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
time to play by our rules. I sure he will do well in the AZ pen with all the man love.

The Dad might like some man-love.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Leave your fu*ked up traditions at the border.  These people need to learn what family is.  Shame on their family?  Family is about loving a child, sibling.  Unless this person does something like rape, murder, stealing all the common deal breakers.  We may not like the decisions family members make, but we accept some flaws because we are family.  I can say that if my parents took action on some of the things that me and my brothers and sister did that caused "shame"  We (me & siblings) would have not made it past our 10th birthday.  My Mother disliked most of the girls I dated, disliked several of my friends, hell, I disliked some of them too.  I think the idea is try to influence your kids, but ultimately, within reason we accept or tolerate the decisions that they make.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Honor killings.......how dishonorable
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of religion applies both to fundamentalist Islamic nutjobs and fundamentalist Christian nutjobs.

I'm a bit late to the thread - your post seems to imply an eqaulity between the former and the latter. Please point out to me where the latter have ran their kids over for being 'western'. I, sadly, have missed the news article.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's a crazy thing you just said there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we know how often Christian nutjobs run over their own children for being too western.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freedom of religion has absolutely NOT ONE DAMN thing to do with killing your daughter because she behaves in a manner not suitable to you.  But you anti Christian people just can't miss an opportunity, no matter how absurd, to bash Christianity.  Now you'll tell us all the people killed in the name of Christ.  Of course none of them will be in the last thousand years or so.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#14]
All I can say is: Hello Sheriff Joe.
I hope the guy likes pink under wear and bologna sandwiches.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Why do we let these animals in?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Too westernized?  Perhaps he'd like to be crucified.  We can bring some more "Easternized" punishments to fit his crime if he prefers...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as atheistic nutjobs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when are fundamentalist Christian nutjobs known for honour killings? And why do you have to be religious to be a "nutjob"?  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep owner? Or just typical anti-Christian diatribe? Both?.....[facepalm]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#20]
He drove a Cherokee, but SHE was westernized?

If you don't want to be like us, don't live with us.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom of religion has absolutely NOT ONE DAMN thing to do with killing your daughter because she behaves in a manner not suitable to you.  But you anti Christian people just can't miss an opportunity, no matter how absurd, to bash Christianity.  Now you'll tell us all the people killed in the name of Christ.  Of course none of them will be in the last thousand years or so.

Why if they attack a form of tenets and beliefs, it allows their own actions to have merit no matter what they are. They generalize until it's something they believe in then of course everyone must be PC and all accepting. Everything goes these days and what this guy did to his daughter is no different from the actions of many. The outcome just happens over a little more time is all and whether they think so or not, they are in fact killing each other by them in one way or the other. It's the ultimate definition of being human.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army_insurgency
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why if they attack a form of tenets and beliefs, it allows their own actions to have merit no matter what they are. They generalize until it's something they believe in then of course everyone must be PC and all accepting. Everything goes these days and what this guy did to his daughter is no different from the actions of many. The outcome just happens over a little more time is all and whether they think so or not, they are in fact killing each other by them in one way or the other. It's the ultimate definition of being human.

Sounds more like the ultimate definition of bullshit to me.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
ROP huh?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Two words.........  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#26]
It was a killing all right, but there is no honor in it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why do we let these animals in?

Because of liberal white guilt.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I think the obvious point, that some of are perhaps blinded to, is that many people do many ridiculous things as a result of religious traditions and beliefs.  Killing your own daughter for bringing shame to your family is just as stupid as saying someone is gonna go to hell because one dude likes another dude.  Its all a bunch of bullshit.  Of course, people get so defensive so quickly instead of taking a step back and saying you know there is a lot of ridiculous things people do especially when they use religion to justify it.  I digress though as some people NEVER learn.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And  Secular Progressive arab appologist wannabee Libertarians who infest Firearm Forum/boards ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And we know how often Christian nutjobs run over their own children for being too western.

Haven't read about that, no.

HAVE read about parents withholding life saving medicines because they are faith healers, and the child dies.  That's murder in my opinion just the same.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Suspect held in slaying of Kansas abortion doctor

Guard dies after Holocaust museum shooting

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think the obvious point, that some of are perhaps blinded to, is that many people do many ridiculous things as a result of religious traditions and beliefs.  Killing your own daughter for bringing shame to your family is just as stupid as saying someone is gonna go to hell because one dude likes another dude.  Its all a bunch of bullshit.  Of course, people get so defensive so quickly instead of taking a step back and saying you know there is a lot of ridiculous things people do especially when they use religion to justify it.  I digress though as some people NEVER learn.

Not the same. One includes murder. The other does not

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Suspect held in slaying of Kansas abortion doctor
Guard dies after Holocaust museum shooting

I seriously dont understand how some of you go through life rationalizing like this. One religion teaches to murder for honour, the other does not. Why cant you see that?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, My God says i can have 10 wives. You OK with That Pardner?

Sheesh, what am I thinking, you're a liberal, of course you are.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Things like this will continue until fundamentalist Islamic fathers stop looking at their daughters as nothing more than a valuable hymen to be bartered off to the highest bidder.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Hang'um
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nutjob implies a fringe element. These Islamic shitheads do this crap on a regular basis. Nothing nutjob about it, par for the course...

Oh, and feel free to show me where the "Christian Nutjobs" do anything resembling what these Islamic assholes do on a daily basis...

ISLAM IS PEACE!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What nations on earth are run by "fundamentalist Christian nutjobs"?

Also, is the media supressing the stories where Christians do the same things?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I, for one, am sick of all these honor killings being committed by Baptists, Catholics and Mormons.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Sentence should be death by automobile...........slowly run over
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And  Secular Progressive arab appologist wannabee Libertarians who infest Firearm Forum/boards ?

YEah, what up wit dat?
I could understand a few, but infested? WTF?
I think its a conspiracy!
Alex Jones and Ron Paul met with the Bilderburgs in Geneva on the anniversary of the Illuminatis founding.....
And now ARFCOM is overrun!
Dang reverse vampires.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where does doggscube claim Christians preform honor killings?  He is simply saying Muslims can be in America just like Christians.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Too westernized?  Perhaps he'd like to be crucified.  We can bring some more "Easternized" punishments to fit his crime if he prefers...

This. If it's too westernized, then WTF is he doing here ?  Send him and his head back home...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

/thread

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dad might like some man-love.

But only on Thursdays.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw, they just drag them behind a truck for being gay.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
poor girl

i hope the shithead dad gets the death penalty

we should apply "his laws" and "his justice" in this case, so suffice it to say...off with the fuckers head!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#50]
This radicalism is what we are fighting gentlemen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top