Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2001 12:26:15 PM EDT
ASSOCIATED PRESS
HOUSTON, June 20 —  A mother was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of drowning her five children, ages 6 months to 7 years, in the bathtub. Police gave no motive for the slayings

THE 36-year-old woman, whose name was not immediately released, had called police to her home.
      “When our responding officer arrived, he was met at the door by the woman who was breathing heavily and you could tell she was disturbed,” police spokesman John Cannon said. “At that time she said to the officer, ‘I killed my children.’”
      Cannon said the officer asked where the children were and was led on a grisly tour

The woman showed the officer the bodies of four boys on a bed, covered with a sheet. Police said they were 2, 2½, 5 and 7. The youngest victim, a girl, was found in the tub.  
Advertisement

“It is just rather unimaginable,” Cannon said. “It’s difficult to deal with when you are talking about five little kids who were killed, probably systematically.”
      Police spokesman Alvin Wright said the woman called her husband home Wednesday morning and he arrived to find the children dead. Police said the woman apparently called officers about the same time as her husband.
      She was led away in handcuffs.
      The one-story Spanish-style home is in southeast Houston.

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for brightening up my day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Read that probably about the same time you did, 951.  Damn.  Makes me want to throw up.  Words fail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
someone should kill the bitch the same way she killed thous kid. If my wife ever did that I would kill her so slowly and painfully. This make me sick.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
im starting to suspect that the world wont be around much longer when people hurt and kill children without emotion. a lady at work tells me things like this are signs of how close we are to the end. i remember a quote.."children are the Lord's opinion that the world should go on."  and yet here we are ending their lives as if they were unwanted animals. i can only pray for the children's souls. they are with God.

i hope the mother burns in hell.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They require licenses for having dogs, why not do the same for children?  Just wishful thinking.

I see a flock of lawyers circling (no offense to those on this board) - it must be the antidepressant!  (according to other sources, she was on an antidepressant.  Someone recently won a lawsuit against a drug company claiming he was irritable and homicidal because of an antidepressant's side-effects and he hadn't been warned).
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
[size=6]BAN BATHTUBS!!![/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Redray - you might be right.  The end may be near.  I never thought I would think something like that.  I always thought it was a silly thought.  But sometimes I wonder more and more.  I think the Bible says something like - "Towards the end mothers will begin to kill their own children"  (To paraphrase)
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Living in the Prozac Age...
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
on the news they stated she was on meds for post-birth syndrome (don't recall the proper term)  
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
After the she did the first kid, the rest were probably easy.  That's why she should hang.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#11]
30 million pre-born babies have been murdered in this country since Roe V Wade
While this hienous act is sickening....these kinds of things will  become more common place as the church slides into complete apostasy...imo  If there ever was a time in human history to read the bible and draw closer to the God of the Living this is it..
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By The Commissioner:
After the she did the first kid, the rest were probably easy.  That's why she should hang.
View Quote

True justice is to make a person die the same way they killed someone. Let her feel how her kids did by drowning
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Postnatal Depression or Postpartum Depression...
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Postnatal Depression or Postpartum Depression...
View Quote

thanks NoName
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I know this will sound bad, but the first thing I though when I heard that she drowned them:  "I'm glad she didn't shoot them".  I should have felt bad for the kids, but that was my gut reaction.  I was relieved that the woman did not feed the flames of the gun grabbers.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the family may have been somewhat religious. The kids names were---
Luke
John
Paul
Noah
Mary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top