Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 6:44:50 AM EDT
I have not found this on the net yet for a link, but it's all over the news here.

An illegally armed registered sex offender felon, was shot and killed with his own gun after he broke into a home in Albuquerque yesterday. The female resident was alerted to the break in and fought back by attacking the armed felon with the only weapon she had, her bare hands. At some point in the fight, the resident was able to wrestle the gun away from the rapist puke and shot him two times, center mass. End result, dead rapist and justifiable homicide!

At the end of the 6'oclock news here, they cut away to the local DA and she says that New Mexico law allows civilian use of deadly force not only for protection of your life, but the lives of loved ones, the lives of complete strangers, and even in defense of personal property!

Watch out taggers and stereo theives!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sex Offender's Laptops Wanted Full Story
Police on Sunday were obtaining a search warrant for two laptop computers found at the residence of Michael Magirl, a convicted sex offender killed early Saturday during an attempted rape
(http://www.abqjournal.com/ fully story requires paid subscription, so no link)

Police To Search Dead Sex Offender's Computers
Date: July 22, 2002
Source: KRQE News 13 / AP

Albuquerque police say they want to know what's on two laptop computers belonging to a sex offender killed by a woman he was trying to rape. Police Captain Marie Saenz says a search warrant has been executed on Michael Magirl's Albuquerque apartment.

Saenz says investigators will use DNA evidence to determine whether Magirl, 51, could be linked to any unsolved sexual assaults.

On Saturday police say a woman in her early 30s was alone in her Albuquerque home asleep when she was attacked at around 1:30 a.m. She was awakened by a flashlight pointed toward her face and found Magirl straddling her.

Police say Magirl had a handgun pointed at the woman's chest and threatened to kill her. The woman wrestled it away from Magirl and fired it, hitting him twice in the chest. Magirl died at the scene. Police are calling the death a justifiable homicide.

Magirl was convicted of criminal sexual penetration in March 1984 in Curry County.

The late would-be rapist:
[img]http://krqe2.com/BigLocal/storyimage/7-22a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#2]
May Satan rape every orifice of his body with his firey member for all of eternity.  

Bless this woman!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Albu, NM members: Take her out for a fun weekend at the range? Dinner afterwards? Donated GOA membership?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Lady, this Bud's for you! [beer]

Thank you for making this miserable world a little bit safer for my daughters!

Edited to add....

So it's a "good shoot" if she grabs the bad guy's gun and kills him with it, but not if she has her own gun and does the same? (Just trying to think like a liberal here.....It's difficult suspending all the laws of the universe simultaneously).

Either that, or they think she should have let herself be raped.

In England she'd be up for murder now. Pathetic.

Hmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like this woman needs a medal or something.  I'm surprised the feminists and media aren't all over her branding her a murderer.  Didn't she know that she should just take it and then write books and maybe appear on Oprah where she could publicly forgive the rapist?  Then she could even say that it wasn't his fault but rather the gun's fault.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#7]
good job lady! next time put [b]one to the head[/b] to be sure.   repeat after me, "two to the body, one to the head..."

and this quote, "..they cut away to the local DA and she says that New Mexico law allows civilian use of deadly force not only for protection of your life, but the lives of loved ones, the lives of complete ..etc"
[b]a friggin' law has to allow you that? does it follow then, that if there wasnt a law, you just lay there and take it? im soooo confused![/b]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Albu, NM members: Take her out for a fun weekend at the range? Dinner afterwards? Donated GOA membership?
View Quote

I've been wondering if she is now a full-on pro RKBA dues paying member of EVERY pro-2nd organization. There are already whispers of a firearm donation from a couple of local groups here.

Ahem, Goatboy, would this be something that we at the AR15.com family might want to get behind? I could see if I can find out some of her personal information, but I may have to wait until the PD releases that information.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Edited to add....

So it's a "good shoot" if she grabs the bad guy's gun and kills him with it, but not if she has her own gun and does the same? (Just trying to think like a liberal here.....It's difficult suspending all the laws of the universe simultaneously).

Either that, or they think she should have let herself be raped.

In England she'd be up for murder now. Pathetic.

Hmmmmmm.....
View Quote

In the TV interview, the DA and the local talking head anchor were indicating that regardless of the weapon's ownership this was a good shoot. It seems that a little of that 'Old West' attitude is still alive here in the "Land of Enchantment".
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:15:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
good job lady! next time put [b]one to the head[/b] to be sure.   repeat after me, "two to the body, one to the head..."

and this quote, "..they cut away to the local DA and she says that New Mexico law allows civilian use of deadly force not only for protection of your life, but the lives of loved ones, the lives of complete ..etc"
[b]a friggin' law has to allow you that? does it follow then, that if there wasnt a law, you just lay there and take it? im soooo confused![/b]
View Quote

I think that you are misinterpreting the interview with the DA. It is hard to get the jist from my inept reporting.[:D] But, the DA was really letting the people in the Albuquerque metro area know that thay CAN protect themselves without fear of prosecution. I think that this was done (and is something I agree strongly with) to educate the recent arrivals from less-free states that they have a DUTY to protect themselves and a subtle reminder that 'out west' there can be a significant delay for a 911 response. The DA was trying to let the liberals know that there is not a 'big brother' government looking out for them anymore, that they need to prepare for what is normal here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm sure this woman is going through some serious emotional problems ...
View Quote

Of course, Sweep, common sense and tactful approach of the matter would apply. Didn't think it was necessary to mention this. After all, we /would/ be exploiting her traumatizing experience for our propaganda purposes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been wondering if she is now a full-on pro RKBA dues paying member of EVERY pro-2nd organization. There are already whispers of a firearm donation from a couple of local groups here.

Ahem, Goatboy, would this be something that we at the AR15.com family might want to get behind? I could see if I can find out some of her personal information, but I may have to wait until the PD releases that information.
View Quote

Might want to let some time pass. I'm sure this woman is going through some serious emotional problems considering she just killed a man, no matter how justified. I know the incident would be playing over and over in my mind for a long time.

Maybe try contacting a family member? Get their take on her status and feelings towards such an offer? Just my thoughts.
View Quote

A great idea, but if WE get started now, everything would be done by the time the PD releases her info, the media hype had died down, and the woman would be beginning to reenter society. Now it could be on her terms.

BTW, I would suggest that we include some sort of professional training in handgun use.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#17]
BTT....Paging Goatboy
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Good Deal!  One less rat-bastard perv for society to worry about.

The thing that really pisses me off [pissed] is that once again, we learn that this prick did time for being a perv.  WHY do the prisons let these animals out to prey on the rest of us...especially womenz and kids?  Ask any one of the cons doing time for sex crimes and if they tell the truth...they'll admit they can't control themselves and they WILL do it again.

I agree with the one to the head too.  She could claim it was a FTS situation.

"Gee officer, he just kept coming!

[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

An illegally armed registered sex offender felon, was shot and killed with his own gun after he broke into a home in Albuquerque yesterday.

Of course, this just proves how dangerous guns are to their owners!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Did the news media refer to the shootee as the "victim"?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you guys know the woman isn't already armed?  Perhaps even as heavily as some of you??

She woke up with the guy straddling her -- not exactly in a position to retrieve her own gun from a nightstand, closet, safe, or anywhere else (except under a pillow, and maybe not even then).

Sounds like she at least already knew how to use one.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn she's already a proficient shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top