Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 12:13:21 AM EDT
Well this one and the last one supposedly say I did something stupid and thats how the big fight that caused the breakup started.

Here is the situation tonight, go over to her house after class at about 2100, she is dressed up in some lingera or however you spell it.  We enjoy ourselves...

Then at 2300 my drunk friend calls its his birthday and they are down the street, she asks "oh was that joe?"  i tell her that it was and she says that I should go down their drinking with him because its his birthday...  So I do  I tell her I will be back in a couple hours.

So I am drinking and everyone is saying they want to go over to my friends house (which happens to be my roommates house)  I am reluctant but I dont want to ruin the party.

I figure I might as well let her know but since its late i send a text message, well she was very pissed that I sent a text message although I had never sent one of those stupid things until she started.

Now she is pissed that i sent her a message and didnt call in person

So was that really a dumb thing to do, i say i should have relaxed and not hit and run in the first place, especially since i was tired but she practically forced me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
should i even bother with GF's right now chances are i will deployed in no time at all...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Geez.  Wish I had this guys problems.  I haven't had a date this year.  That's a bad sign for a 26 year old.

Oh, can't see as how you did anything wrong, but then I don't suffer from being female syndrome.  Would she have rathered you woke her up at 2am calling to say you were going somewhere else?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]
JKS Axiom concerning Women:  It is never the woman's fault, even when it is the woman's fault.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Your in the wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
You should have stayed at her place.  It was a trap..err..I mean test and you failed when you left.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You should have stayed at her place.  It was a trap..err..I mean test and you failed when you left.

Yup.  My girlfriend has taken to pulling sillyness liken this lately.  I inform her of all my "ideas" for the holiday's, AFTER I discuss what we will be doing. My ideas are for after we spend our time together. But some how it upsets her that I would want to go visit my parents in Florida for New Years after she tells me I'm on my own since she has to work at 0600 New Years day. Some how she took my wanting to see my parents as my wanting to go party with my firends in Florida too, leaving her by herself on New Years Eve. Women=
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
You are only wrong if you let your girlfriend make you feel wrong.  For crying out loud stop being a pussy and stand up for yourself.  You did perfectly fine as you explained it...the only part you messed up with was ever letting there be a discussion about your behavior.  Let me tell you, it's not that you sent a text message, she is wanting to see how much control she has over you...and you are backing down like a whipped little dog.  Let me break it down, you did something she approved of, then you communicated your change in plans with her...you just didn't communicate in the way she wanted you to.  So she is turning her control/insecurity issue into a guilt trip to make you feel bad...and it sounds like you are falling for it.  This is how guys that are whipped start out.  

You did nothing wrong, tell her you communicated your change in plans and if she doesn't like it tough end of discussion.  She will either A. accept it because you finally stood up for yourself like a man should or B. she will dump you in which case you would be better off because she will turn into a controlling nagging witch over time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You did nothing wrong, tell her you communicated your change in plans and if she doesn't like it tough end of discussion.  She will either A. accept it because you finally stood up for yourself like a man should or B. she will dump you in which case you would be better off because she will turn into a controlling nagging witch over time.

got ya i am standing my ground!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Rule 1:  It is ALWAYS the guy's fault

Rule 2:  In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary - Rule 1 applies

CWO
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#10]
you have girl problems all the time don't you?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Your in the wrong.

I hate to say it but I have to agree with Oly!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#12]
1911greg, I am seriously beginning to doubt your ability to handle women.  I think you may want to look into moving to Wyoming to become a cowboy.  

SBG
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1911greg, I am seriously beginning to doubt your ability to handle women.  I think you may want to look into moving to Wyoming to become a cowboy.  

SBG

You do like pudding right?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

SBG

Do you like pudding?

ETA:  lol beat me to it
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

You do like pudding right?

Being only 20 miles from the Wyoming line I can tell you that the puddin' eatin' is a myth.

SBG
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
you have girl problems all the time don't you?

I have my good points, I think the problem is that I am 22 and have alot of stuff going on right now, School, Military, Work family friends parties...

sometimes the 18 year old girls dont understand this considering they get a credit card from daddy and i have to work for my cash.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Don't date young girls.  The firm flesh and perky breasts aren't worth the games.  Besides, they don't know how to boink anyway.  

Some do
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You are only wrong if you let your girlfriend make you feel wrong.  For crying out loud stop being a pussy and stand up for yourself.  You did perfectly fine as you explained it...the only part you messed up with was ever letting there be a discussion about your behavior.  Let me tell you, it's not that you sent a text message, she is wanting to see how much control she has over you...and you are backing down like a whipped little dog.  Let me break it down, you did something she approved of, then you communicated your change in plans with her...you just didn't communicate in the way she wanted you to.  So she is turning her control/insecurity issue into a guilt trip to make you feel bad...and it sounds like you are falling for it.  This is how guys that are whipped start out.  

+1KAZILLION
I had 1 like that when I was that age. The best thing she even did was break up with me!
Too bad for whoever she's with now!
CJ
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
should i even bother with GF's right now chances are i will deployed in no time at all...

Yeah, you should concentrate on hitting it and hitting it often.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't date young girls.  The firm flesh and perky breasts aren't worth the games.  Besides, they don't know how to boink anyway.  

Some do

Those are the ones you want to stay away from.

Listen to the old geezers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top