Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/8/2003 9:42:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:46:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:49:10 AM EDT
Local kids could make good money shovling those sidewalks for the elderly. $5.00 to a neighbor kid is better than $85.00 to the court. I wonder why nobody cares enough about this old woman to shovel her sidewalk for her...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:01:09 AM EDT
She should move to Ohio. See, our supreme court has ruled that it snows in Ohio during some months of the year. They further ruled that this snow sometimes accumulates on the ground and on other outdoor structures. These activist judges went off the deep end by decreeing that if someone slips and falls on this snow or the ice that the best scientific minds said can sometimes form around or under it, that it is noone's fault except the person who unwisely stepped on it. Can you imagine such radical thinking. You actually can't sue someone in this state if you slip on their snow covered walk. The very nerve.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:06:58 AM EDT
Good for her. The city wants the sidewalk in front of her house cleared of snow? I'm sure there are plenty of lazy city employees to do the job. That sidewalk isn't her property. It's city property (that whole easement thing). So what, the city's gonna make her shovel the road in front of her house? Stupid Canadians.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:19:58 AM EDT
So Sad.....They have no respect for their elderly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:26:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle: So Sad.....They have no respect for their elderly.
View Quote
Maybe she's a crazy cat lady who has alienated her entire family? My brother shovels the snow for my grandparents, and their neighbors, every winter.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:58:28 AM EDT
What's snow?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:05:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Originally Posted By AR_Rifle: So Sad.....They have no respect for their elderly.
View Quote
Maybe she's a crazy cat lady who has alienated her entire family? My brother shovels the snow for my grandparents, and their neighbors, every winter.
View Quote
She must be an old witch. Both of my neighbors are elderly. I shovel their sidewalks every time it snows.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:26:42 AM EDT
You know, I got a sidewalk at my house. City ordnances say I have to shovel it, clear, 24 hours after snow fall too. I'm not in love with the rule. But I also know the neighbors have to shovel their sidewalk areas, in case I want to walk swomewhere. Other neighbors use the sidewalk ro jog, or walk to the nearby park. My house is also worth more being in an area that has sidewalks, that it would be without them. Not to mention I am 3 houses away from a multiple acre city park, which helps my homes value, and sellability. So I get that sidewalk shoveling ain't fun. But there is also a reason for it. Just like the city has to maintain the streets......... She PROBABLY got a warning, either in person or by mail saying please shovel the sidewalk, possibly more than one. She refused to. She then was cited for the sidewalk non shoveling. Seems she still refused to shovel the walk. She refused to pay the ticket knowing she could go to jail. She did some paperwork and was released. She said she'd do it again. Apparently she doesn't want to yake ANY steps to shovel he walk even if it means jail. This wouldn't happen if Canada had a southern province, like the US has Florida.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:34:40 AM EDT
It wouldn't be a problem if you get one of these: [img]http://www.rogerssportcenter.com/images/photos/lawnmowers/tractor.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:52:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless: What's snow?
View Quote
Snow is white lumpy rain
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:54:15 AM EDT
It is not her sidewalk, it is the sidewalk in front of her house. If the concrete cracks is the city going to demand she repair it? She did not make it snow or place the snow on the sidewalk, I don't think the Government should demand she remove it. If she piled garbage in her front yard or had cars up on jacks I say make her get rid of the eyesore but snow? Bullshit!!! She should get an attorney and sue for false arrest or something. Where is Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, N.O.W. or AARP when you need them?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:05:55 PM EDT
If you are a home owner, you should DEFINATELY take all steps necessary to ensure the safe passage of people onto and off of your property. What I don't like is that sidewalks are government property, but you have to shovel them. That's why I like living in a sidewalk-less area. With that said, she is a home owner and does have responsibilities to live up to as long as the government is too lazy to run a drivable snow blower up and down the sidewalks when it snows, just like they use a snowplow. The lady should have been sentenced to 10 years for her attempted murder of mailmen.
Top Top