Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 3:28:43 PM EDT
I bought some Wolf to refill my stores, but looking at the case I am not sure if this is the old lacquered stuff. The box is white and doesn't say polyformance...I thought that is what they are selling now?
The year appears to be 2012, I thought the bad stuff has been gone a long while?

Would you mind pointing me to somewhere I can nail down what I bought?

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:31:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Threefingers:
I bought some Wolf to refill my stores, but looking at the case I am not sure if this is the old lacquered stuff. The box is white and doesn't say polyformance...I thought that is what they are selling now?
The year appears to be 2012, I thought the bad stuff has been gone a long while?

View Quote
Just shoot the damn ammo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 4:11:47 PM EDT by Threefingers]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeCoastie:
Originally Posted By Threefingers:

You bet I will. In the meantime I figured I'd find out what I bought. I also bought some Wolf Gold for the AR, and that stuff is right pretty.

ETA
Here's the box
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:40:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT by SemperFo]
Are you sure the manufacture date is 2012? If not, it's probably the same stuff I just ordered.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but new WPA ammo is manufactured by Barnaul. The stuff in white boxes is from a limited 2009-2010 contract with ulyanovsk cartridge works. It looks like a ton of it hit the market just recently... It seems to get pretty good reviews.

Pics of boxes?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:57:55 PM EDT
Dude, the problem is you're looking at it up side down
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 5:01:27 PM EDT by Threefingers]
I found pictures of the same lot#25HS currently sold at SGAmmo.com.
I switched from FMJ to HP at the last moment and just wanted to be sure I didn't have a round with a bad reputation.
If there is a good site with lot info I can go to, please advise.
Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:09:05 PM EDT
Made in Ukraine, eh?

Maybe it's this stuff?
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107540
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:12:43 PM EDT
The links are great - they have the reminder to treat all wolf as corrosive. I am not too concerned.

Top Top