Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 3:18:55 AM EDT

Wolf Military Classic vs Normal wolf?

Whats the difference. They are about the same price. I want some for my ar. This will be in .223

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think one has the green lacqour (sp?) coating and the other the gray polymer coating.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
For the 7.62x39, I thought I read here they were different factories attempts at the same end item, so they appeared slightly different due to different equipment and materials used at each manufacturing facility.  That may all just be interent myth however.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think one has the green lacqour (sp?) coating and the other the gray polymer coating.

No. That's not the difference.  Both are polymer coated.

1. They come in different packaging.

2. One is made at Tula ("Wolf Polyformance" - black box) and the the Military Classic is made at Ulyanovsk.

3. Wolf Military Classic only comes in 55 grain FMJ. Wolf "Polyformance" comes in 55 grain FMJ; 55 grain HP, 62 grain FMJ; 62 Grain HP and 75 grain "OTM" (which they call "HP").
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top