Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:58 AM EDT
Would you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the 9th circuit deciding that home made full autos are not covered by the '34 NFA, would you?
Build one and piss away your lifes savings and possessions to test the theory?
Build on and use the ruling as a defense IF arrested?
Avoid trouble and save your pennies for class III?
Rally the awb fighters against the 89 ban and then the 86 ban?
Dont care about class III and none of the above.

Poll coming
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You forgot the correct response in your poll:

"Fill out a Form 1, send it to the BATFE with a $200 check, and wait approval or denial."

That wacky 9th Circus ruling doesn't invalidate the NFA of 1934.  You'd still have to apply a Form 1 asking permission to manufacture a machine gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If they refuse hopefully someone will try to get an enforcement decree.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I bump fire.  Its cheaper.

Not saying I don't fight the ban or think its a good thing.  FAR from it.
Its just what I do to get around Class III restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Fill out a Form 1, send it to the BATFE with a $200 check, and wait approval or denial."

That wacky 9th Circus ruling doesn't invalidate the NFA of 1934.  You'd still have to apply a Form 1 asking permission to manufacture a machine gun.

Only if you plan on selling it.
Home made non NFA items do not require a seriel number therefore no paperwork.
According to the 9th circius neither do full-auto's and possibly DDs.
AZ and a few other states have no registration.

I figured this is the correct answer if you don't want any risk.
Rally the awb fighters against the 89 ban and then the 86 ban.
If my life went to shit I would just build a full auto and take to every public range until the innevitable happened and fight for what is a good cause.
Hopefully I could find a good defense fund.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If my life went to shit I would just build a full auto and take to every public range until the innevitable happened and fight for what is a good cause.

You're mistaken.  the NFA of 1934 REQUIRES that ANY MACHINE GUN be registered with the BATFE.  That's why a bunch of people sent in Form 1s when the 9th's ruling came out.  Even with the current ruling in the 9th Circus, you STILL HAVE to fill out a Form 1, and await approval.  There's on "Oh, I'm not going to sell this machinegun, so I don't need a Form 1 or a serial number on it." clause.  ALL machineguns need to be on a Form 1.  Even with the weird ruling out West.

Re: the quoted text in red above, you started this thread asking, "With the 9th circuit deciding that home made full autos are not covered by the '34 NFA, would you?"  You said nothing about Title I firearms, only Title II ones.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
it seems to me that every time we test a law for holes they fill those holes and then some,I will enjoy the end of the awb for a while , it's our first victory
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
So whatever happend?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT NOT NOT TRUE.

According to the 9th, home made MGs are exempt from 922(o). That is ALL.

It did nothing about DDs and other NFA weapons, there are no additional restrictions on those besides the Form 1 requirement - they can be made and registered. Only MGs are restricted.

And you still have to register any home-made MG. All the 9th ruling did was strike down the 86 ban for those purposes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
And only in the 9th circuit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]
has anyone sent in a form 1 for a MG anlong with the tax?

whats the response .. or does no one want to test it ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top