Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 1:09:00 PM EDT
Do you think a "Take A Flaming Libtard Shooting Day" would convert some of the "guns are icky" crowd?  In high school (about a decade ago) I got a girl I was dating, who had some hardcore lib tendencies, to come around by a surprise range trip.  After actually trying shooting in a safe environment she changed her viewpoint about guns.  Maybe the NRA should sponsor something like this....

(And before you start, I'm a donating NRA member )
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
good luck trying to get some to do it

but it might work
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I dont get all giddy when someone comes in with a story about "my g/f was a flaming libtard but I took her shooting and now she has posters of guns and Ronald Reagan in her room and is a big time Conservative."

Why? Because anyone that fickle, who can have their entire idealogy do a complete 180 will do that for any one and any thing.

I just dont see the point in trying to change someone elses mind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I tired to get a bunch of liberals to go to the range with me, but none of them would ever do it, so I had to use target stands.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tired to get a bunch of liberals to go to the range with me, but none of them would ever do it, so I had to use target stands.

I tried the same thing when I ran out of thumb tacks but they'd only hold the target for 1 shot, maybe two.

ETA: Also, ex_dmsr nailed it.

I'm also not sure that I like the idea of a pro-gun libtard more than an anti-gun libtard... would we really be better off if they were armed?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, foir starters I wouldn't call it "Take a flaming Libtard Shooting Day"

I also wouldn't do it as a "surprise".

"Surprise, honey!!  Now you have to go and shoot some of those icky guns you hate so much.  I know you're unprepared and scared of them, but nothing better to get over your childish, unfounded fears than making you go shoot a gun on the spur of the moment!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top