Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/27/2002 3:08:27 PM EDT
I am leaving shortly to drive down to Charlotte NC for me and my wifes INS interviews. This is the lovely task of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that I love my wife. They also get to paw through my entire financial history. They are also allowed to ask any question they wish (includeing details about our sex life) If I refuse to answer DEPORTATION If I do not prove to their satisfaction that I indeed do love my wife DEPORTATION If she is deported I have to face the possibility of leaving the country I love and moving to Great Britain where the Govt, IRA and UDF have guns but no one else. BTW the Rat Batard lawyer I paid to be their can't make it. For all who ask she is Irish. AdTechArms
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:13:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:14:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:32:36 PM EDT
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:00:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:09:33 PM EDT
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:57:09 PM EDT
Best of luck to the both of you... hehe...if they ask about your sex life, just say "sure, do ya wanna see" as you're pulling out a vcr tape! [;)]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:13:15 PM EDT
Good luck! Having read about people going through the same process (I assume it's the one they put foreigners through after 2-3 years to check on whether the marriage is real), it's usually painless. They just want to weed out immigrant visa frauds. Tell us how it went. I'm hoping to have to go through the same thing in about 3-4 years. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:48:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:16:44 PM EDT
Don't Worry Adtecharms; I went through it, so did my brother, & my sister. It was not painful as you might think it could be. Just remember to keep your answers short and up to point, be truthful, and do not volunteer anything that is not asked. Do not try to be smart ass - It like when U get a speeding ticket, you take it go away. They do not try to trick you, they just want to make sure it is a true marriage and want to make sure you are living together and know each other well - To make sure it is not an arranged financial thingi. They just ask real life questions that you and your wife will be able to answer without any problem since they relate to your and her habits, day to day. They want to make sure it's a legit marriage. You will pass with flying colors! They also want to make sure you have financial means to support your partner and make sure it does not result in welfare for atleast 3 yrs. Standard process. Good luck - Don't worry - Just go through the process which side of bed you tend to get up, who does what, in other words, go through your daily habits and remember them so both of you can answer each thing correctly. If they ask something neither of you would know, tell them, that's not something you or her would know and they will ask another type of question. I know if should be nobody's business but it is an immigration matter and we do want to make sure only the people who deserve it get through in mostly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:42:49 PM EDT
Viele Gluck, Ich bin auch ein Auslander!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:03:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer: if she was from mexico you wouldn't have this problem. mike
View Quote
Ha! And she's from the wrong country too so she can't claim to be a refugee or asylum-seeker like 90% of the rest do.
Originally Posted By njogi: Don't Worry Adtecharms; I went through it, so did my brother, & my sister. It was not painful as you might think it could be.
View Quote
Brought the whole family over, eh.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:24:12 PM EDT
Good luck to ya!
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:46:16 PM EDT
By the grand wisdom of Beurocrat number 09457034957095740958 My wife is allowed to stay in the country for at least ten years. Thank you for the support. Really glad I didn't have to do a jail break.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:11:32 PM EDT
ADTECHARMS, I went through this with my Frau about a year ago and it was an easy day. The only hard part was the drive from Fayetteville to Charlotte...200 miles with a traffic light every 1/4 mile. Did get to watch a hooker give head to a guy in the cab next to us, though that's another story. The INS guy was real pleasent. Bring any documents that show some form of jointness such as bank statements, bills, etc. Anything with both your names on it. We were prepared for the worst and it turned out quite nice. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:18:13 PM EDT
Best of luck to the both of you. Keep ya head up. [:)] Tyler
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:30:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:35:46 PM EDT
Congrats! (I think....)
Top Top