Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:00:51 AM EDT
Some highlights:

Deputy Attorney General talking about suing to get access to DRAFT version of the bill, essentially because "but the NRA got to see it, and we should too!!".  Shithead.

www.jsonline.com/news/state/aug05/351831.asp

Here is a related article.  LE is our friend, and if we would just help them get national CCW, they would soften up opposition to citizen CCW.  Right?....................RIGHT?
..................."We simply do not see a correlation between more guns on the street and a safer Wisconsin," Village of Oregon Police Chief Doug Pettit said at the news conference.

Pettit heads the legislative committee of the Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association, which represents most of the 600-some municipal police executives in the state.

At least the WI Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Association is on the fence.  Last time they opposed it vigorously.  Why?  Because they didn't want to spend budget dollars to enable us to exercise our rights.
www.jsonline.com/news/state/aug05/347883.asp

Message for WI LEOS IN GENERAL:  &@*&@ OFF.  EXCEPTIONS MADE ONLY FOR GROUPS WHO WILL SUPPORT US PUBLICLY AND INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS WHO ARE PRO 2ND FOR REAL.  /MESSAGE.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope we get CCW. It's about frickin' time.

On a related note, anyone see the local Madison news last night where they were talking about how Madison police were doing a "gun buyback"? What complete idiots!!!

If you call the police and tell them you have a gun, they will come and pick it up and give you a...wait for it...wait for it...$50 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE MALL!!!

Woooohooooo!!!! A $50 dollar gift certificate! I can't wait to call up the Madison PD and have them come and take my new Kimber Custom TLEII/RL away so I can get my $50 dollar gift certificate!

How stupid do they think people are?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I sure hope we get CCW. It's about frickin' time.

On a related note, anyone see the local Madison news last night where they were talking about how Madison police were doing a "gun buyback"? What complete idiots!!!

If you call the police and tell them you have a gun, they will come and pick it up and give you a...wait for it...wait for it...$50 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE MALL!!!

Woooohooooo!!!! A $50 dollar gift certificate! I can't wait to call up the Madison PD and have them come and take my new Kimber Custom TLEII/RL away so I can get my $50 dollar gift certificate!

How stupid do they think people are?

T on the other hand is going to get a case of ammo out of the deal the way it sounds!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]

This appears to be a situation where special interests are being afforded a role in the legislative process and the rest of us are being frozen out of it.
- Dan Bach,
deputy attorney general

Special interests?  

Suck it Bach!

How about that little special interest you have on your side called the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort (WAVE)?

Since the year 2000 they've been averaging a quarter million a year from the Joyce Foundation.  Being frozen out?  My ass!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Best of luck to you 'Sconsin guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This appears to be a situation where special interests are being afforded a role in the legislative process and the rest of us are being frozen out of it.
- Dan Bach,
deputy attorney general

Special interests?  

Suck it Bach!

How about that little special interest you have on your side called the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort (WAVE)?

Since the year 2000 they've been averaging a quarter million a year from the Joyce Foundation.  Being frozen out?  My ass!

WI Democraps REAAAALLY have a talent for spouting soundbites that have "victim of oppression" all over it but is actually a fat one-sided lie, don't they??  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top