Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 4:55:19 AM EDT
I purchased this the other day:

The mouse works great, it's indistinguishable from my wired mouse.  Oddly it's the keyboard that's giving me headaches.  The key repeat doesn't seem to work right in games.  I'll be driving a tank in desert combat - holding down the "w" key, and I'll just randomly stop.  I have to release and repress the "w" key to resume moving.  

Any ideas on how to fix that?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#1]
wireless keyboards and mice are not to good for gaming
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
wireless keyboards and mice are not to good for gaming

I use a wireless mouse for Black Hawk Down just fine.

The keyboard, however, I can't help you on. Sorry. I use a laptop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same key repeat problems with my keyboard, but it's not wireless. I have an hypothosis why. Is it connected via the USB port?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You need to disable the windows sticky key thing. It probably got turned on with the new keyboard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
StickyKeys only effects CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
As a matter of fact, the reciever is connected via the USB port.  I have the option of using the conventional ports, if you think that will help.

-Lazy
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
use the PS2 ports, there is no reason not to. it will free up USB ports and with a keyboard, you dont need the speed a USB port would provide.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope. switching to PS2 ports didn't eliminate the problem.  It did make the mouse more jerky though - USB mouse is smoother.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top