Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 3:36:09 AM EDT
Getting a laptop next week and I would like to get an internet card for it ( airnet? ). I know that Sprint and Verizon both offer them for around 60-70 a month unlimited use. Anyone have one? And is one better then the other atm? How is the connection speed? My plan is to ditch my home phone + dsl and get one of these instead.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:46:50 AM EDT
a co-worker got the Verizon card but found the coverage sucked where he needed it most here in the metro denver area.

see if you can try-it before you buy it or have the option to get out if you find their coverage sucks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:08:35 AM EDT
I have the Verizon one. It takes about 15 minutes to download cnn.com's web page and about 10 minutes to check e-mail the first time each day. I talked them out of it for free when signing-up for 24 2-year contracts on phones. If we were paying money for it, I would have canceled it long ago.z
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:10:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:
I have the Verizon one. It takes about 15 minutes to download cnn.com's web page and about 10 minutes to check e-mail the first time each day. I talked them out of it for free when signing-up for 24 2-year contracts on phones. If we were paying money for it, I would have canceled it long ago.z

that's another thing my co-worker mentioned... they advertise speed, but he didn't find it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:13:27 AM EDT
we use the sprint air acrds in the po-po mobiles here- seem to work fine for what we need. would say they are faster than 56k, but bot sure on actual speed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:40:44 AM EDT
I am using cingulars gc83 card.. it has been my primary internet conection for about 4 months now..

regular speeds are about 100k

I am on it right now...

I have driven from dallas to montery mexico and been on the net all the way..

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:43:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:
I am using cingulars gc83 card.. it has been my primary internet conection for about 4 months now..

I am on it right now...

What do you pay for the card and service?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:05:21 AM EDT
Check with Verizon and see what network you will be mostly using, if it is the older 1/X network it might be kind of slow. If you are in Verizons EV/DO area you will have fairly good speeds. Sprint runs of the same network. Now if you want to try Cings card, once again check the footprint of coverage. Cings GPRS network can be slow, but if you are in Cings EDGE network, you should have good speeds. I have a Cing GC83, and it is slow, except in an EDGE network. T-mobiel runs on the same network. I really only use it in the field when I need to access corp. documents or corp servers for info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:09:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:12:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Foxxz:

Originally Posted By cluster:

I am on it right now...

What do you pay for the card and service?

-Foxxz

paying 74.99 a month
the card cost me 30 including shipping on ebay..

did a thread here.. drive from texas to mexico and on a webcam all the way...

i was using a gc82 card at the time.. also cost me 30 from ebay...

i dont really see a diffrence from the gc82 and the gc83..

Top Top