Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 11:21:51 AM EDT
I just found out (by accident, just cruising some old favorites) that Wings and Airpower magazines are now dead. I knew they had merged into one magazine under the dual name, but evidently back in May they went out of business altogether, though there is some talk about starting an online magazine. That will never be the same as the old paper version.  I know there are a number of aviation fans here, did anybody else enjoy reading this publication? I got hooked way back in the 70's when they were just sarting out, subscribed for a number of years, but that lapsed in the 90's. Still bought them on occasion when an article interested me on the news stand. Things change, but I will miss the great vintage pictures they always used in their stories.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That’s a shame.

Occasionally I’d buy Airpower magazine.  The articles in it were awesome.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
**VIRUS ALERT***
On the Wings & Airpower website archive page there are tons of viruses!!
I wont even go on that site anymore  - worse than pr0n sites
heads up

That totally sucks about them not publishing anymore!

I have tons of back issues from the '70s and '80s
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]

That sucks, I also have many issues still tucked away.

One of the best things about these two mags were some of the rarely seen photos.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
i wonder if they'll sell back issues for a bargain? ?

those two magazines kept me riveted to my seat looking at all the cool pics and engrossing stories as a kid
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Flight Journal has more interesting articles.  But Wings and Airpower were good reading for a kid with more than a superficial interest in aviation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got almost every issue from the beginning up until about 2 years ago. Subscriptions had gotten pretty expensive and they had been stuck in a military aircraft rut for years. Articles were becoming too repetitive. I'm guessing Peter Bowers death was a blow they couldn't recover from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top