Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/2/2011 2:52:50 PM EDT
Just got back from Seneca lake in NY & a weekend spent sampling wines, soaking in a hot tub & smoking cigars even though it was 46 degrees out.

If you are close enough I highly recommend heading to the finger lakes & hitting the 40 plus wineries AND two distilleries located around Seneca lake. The spouse, if you have one, will think you are one romantic & suave s.o.b while you can enjoy a nice wine buzz from the gazillion samples you will try from each stop.

Even had a meadery & I was pleased to find their offerings resembled what I'm cooking....sort of. The level of alcohol in mine seems a little higher

All the wines were good but fox run makes a port that is simply amazing & is made for cigars. Rock stream has h white port that is unique as well as some grappa that will make to go blind, but you will be happy.

Echo, you live close enough so you need to take your wife, god knows she deserves it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 3:26:21 PM EDT by bullofspadez]
Nice... Next time you need to hit Cayuga Lake area. My grand(?, dad's aunt & uncle) Aunt and Uncle used to own one of the winery's(Lakeshore Winery) on the west side of the lake. Lots of Summer memories in the lake cabin and playing in the vineyard. And one of my now favorite places; Montezuma Winery...they also specialize in Mead's and some Sweet wine's; along with the usual makes. They make one that has a neat spice to it, some kinda bark from an African tree.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 3:45:04 PM EDT by echo_5]

Originally Posted By FRIGID:
Just got back from Seneca lake in NY & a weekend spent sampling wines, soaking in a hot tub & smoking cigars even though it was 46 degrees out.

If you are close enough I highly recommend heading to the finger lakes & hitting the 40 plus wineries AND two distilleries located around Seneca lake. The spouse, if you have one, will think you are one romantic & suave s.o.b while you can enjoy a nice wine buzz from the gazillion samples you will try from each stop.

Even had a meadery & I was pleased to find their offerings resembled what I'm cooking....sort of. The level of alcohol in mine seems a little higher

All the wines were good but fox run makes a port that is simply amazing & is made for cigars. Rock stream has h white port that is unique as well as some grappa that will make to go blind, but you will be happy.

Echo, you live close enough so you need to take your wife, god knows she deserves it.

We go to the Finger Lakes wine trail at least once a year.

We always start half-way up the East side at Wagner's since it's the only winery on the lake that is also a brewery!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:04:51 PM EDT
Good man! I missed that one, I wanted to hit it but everyone was ready for food & the hot tub. Dammit.

Pretty sure we are going again in the spring.

Even had grape pie.. Also fab.

Montezuma was recommended but we ran out of time. Had to hit wakins Glenn too. Beautiful place but you REALLY need to go there before drinking.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:08:09 PM EDT
Wait, how many Echo's we got in here?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:50:55 PM EDT
Not enough!!!!

And.....I try to make that run every fall..

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:03:29 PM EDT
Should have known
Top Top