Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 1:51:57 AM EDT
I have windows Xp os and I need to know how to erase saved data.

For example, I use MSN as my home page. On it at the top is the place where you type in your keyword to do a search, well every word I have ever typed in there comes up as soon as you key in the first leter, ex. type in "J" and jeep, jump, etc pops up. Now obviously my computer is keeping files on me regardless of my deleting cookies and temp files from the drop down screen.

I used to have win 95 and knew how to get in and erase everything that the drop down window didn't, with this new OS I don't, does anyone out there know how to?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
At tools,open internet options,clear history and set your History to 0 (zero) for days to keep pages in history. Delete your internet files. Open the Content tab, go to auto complete, unclick auto complete for web addresses. Or click on Search on your IE browser (opens Search window) click on change preferences, click on Turn AutoComplete Off in window.

Should clear the history and keep it from saving the web addresses.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At tools,open internet options,clear history and set your History to 0 (zero) for days to keep pages in history. Delete your internet files. Open the Content tab, go to auto complete, unclick auto complete for web addresses. Or click on Search on your IE browser (opens Search window) click on change preferences, click on Turn AutoComplete Off in window.

Should clear the history and keep it from saving the web addresses.
View Quote

Muchos Gracias Amigo!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Disc Cleanup is also useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top