Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:33 PM EDT
Occasionally we have the "show us your desk top picture" threads.

In addition to the lovely graphics ARFCOMers put up, I've noticed there's a variety of different XP themes that are in the background. Some look like the Mac OS layout, some are just snappy looking themes that are better than the crap bundled with XP.

Here's what I'd like, and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to add new themes to my PC, but I don't want to build them myself. I want just a download that will add the new theme, or a utility that can manage a variety of desk top themes. Anyone know of a good program? Preferably free. Only quality graphics, not little Billies Tripod-built web page with neat-o ideas. Something professional looking, with a lot of choices, and SIMPLE to use.

Second, I'd like to do the same with my log-on, log-off & sign-on screens as well. I'm just tired of the same old shit everytime I fire up my PC.

What's a good piece of freeware that will do these things? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
HKPRO has a great one I down loaded and set it as my desk top and screen saver try it out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
First, get this program StyleXP

It lets you use the downloadable themes, login screens, bootup screens, etc.

Once that is up and running, here are a couple of sites with free themes, etc.

ThemeXP

deviantart

Theme World

Here's some nice wallpaper.....

The Art of Greg Martin

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
HKPRO has a great one I down loaded and set it as my desk top and screen saver try it out.

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
First, get this program StyleXP

It lets you use the downloadable themes, login screens, bootup screens, etc.

Once that is up and running, here are a couple of sites with free themes, etc.

ThemeXP

deviantart

Theme World

Here's some nice wallpaper.....

The Art of Greg Martin

Thanks Doc, I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#6]
www.tgtsoft.com  This one has some neat stuff and links on the page.  Enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top