Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:46:51 PM EDT
My computer gets stuck on NEF files from my Nikon D500, when it happens it will be 5-10 minutes of straight stuck. I have the latest codec, i have dedicated like 10 gigs of disk space to be used as ram among other things and i haven't seen an improvement. I google it from time to time but all i ever see is the same old knee jerk suggestions. Something tells me there is a simple fix, any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 3:46:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are you trying to do with them?

Just getting stuck doesn't really tell us anything.
View Quote
This.  What does the computer do exactly, and what are you trying to do when it does?
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This.  What does the computer do exactly, and what are you trying to do when it does?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most common is if i am viewing in windows photo viewer and clicking the next arrow viewing photos, I get the "loading....." pop up and computer freezes. Clicking too fast will surely cause it or if i open more than 2 nef files at the same time. When i say it freezes, pretty much all i can do is wait, which can be 2-5 minutes for things to catch up. I can open task manager and CPU and memory aren't over loaded.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most common is if i am viewing in windows photo viewer and clicking the next arrow viewing photos, I get the "loading....." pop up and computer freezes. Clicking too fast will surely cause it or if i open more than 2 nef files at the same time. When i say it freezes, pretty much all i can do is wait, which can be 2-5 minutes for things to catch up. I can open task manager and CPU and memory aren't over loaded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How big are the images?  What resolution?  What do you have for a processor, memory, and drive in the computer?   How much virtual memory?  Free space on the drive?  Where are the files located?  On the hard drive, camera, or someplace else?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How big are the images?  What resolution?  What do you have for a processor, memory, and drive in the computer?   How much virtual memory?  Free space on the drive?  Where are the files located?  On the hard drive, camera, or someplace else?
View Quote
20-30 mb, 2560x1440, Intel Core i5, 4 gig, 500gig with 129 gigs free space, File location can be hardrive, external harddrive, SD, XQD etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top