Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:07:12 AM EST
I know this may not be the appropriate place to ask this question but.....

I'm interested in buying a controlled round winchester model 70. There is a guy selling one locally and he doesnt know if it is controlled round feed or push fed. Now I am a newb and I dont really know what to look for exactly. Isnt the difference with a controlled round fed rifle that the bolt grabs the round as it pushes it in and with a push fed rifle it just pushes it in without grabbing it?

All i want is confirmation or a little insight into how to tell the difference, not a suggestion of getting a Remington 700 or something

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:09:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 11:16:39 AM EST by Crowkiller]
The controlled round feed version has a large external claw extractor, like a Mauser or newer Ruger m77's. The push feed looks more like a Remington.

CRF on bottom in this picture

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:14:47 AM EST
here is a good video on how to tell the difference.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:34:30 PM EST
thanks for the replies, they were very helpful.

I went and looked, it was a push feed , but oh well, now I wasnt tempted to buy another gun.
Top Top