Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 4:50:33 PM EDT
Sent my BRAND NEW Bushy Dissipator to Wilson Combat for one of their tactical muzzle breaks.  Well after 6 weeks (definately NOT the three weeks advertised) I finally get it back and there's this tooling gash on my barrel near where they installed the muzzle break.  The gash goes clear through the parkerization down to the bare metal.  Pissed me off.  Called them up and they said to send it back and they'd re-parkerize it.  But now I don't know what to do.  It's not a huge gash, somebody just bashed it with a tool.  They already screwed up this job, do I dare send it to them, when I now don't trust them, and have them screw it up further?  Or is there some sort of "touch-up" parkerization solution out there.  Sort-of a stiptic pencil for scratches on AR's.  If I send it back I'll be out the UPS shipping and insurance, plus God only knows how long I'll be without my rifle this time, and God only knows how badly they'd screw up the parkerization.  What should I do?????
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and send it back. Touching up a park job is not like trying to color match paint on an old car - it should be no big deal for them to fix it up properly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
All right, I guess I'll send it back to them.  Another 6 weeks without my rifle, again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
All right, I guess I'll send it back to them.  Another 6 weeks without my rifle, again.  Sorry for the double post, AR15.com appears to be having some technical  difficulties
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell them to send you a loaner Wilson AR upper for your inconvenience.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder if they installed their great 2moa feature as well [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top