Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:01:09 AM EDT
Majestic MA430HD amp.  Will this thing do it?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
60Watts by 4 channels is probably it's peak power, so in reality you will get around 10-15Watts RMS  (in reality, for a shitty crap brand amp, around 7Watts is more likely).  You can bridge it into 2 channel to get a little more power going to your 6X9's, but it isn't going to do squat with a sub.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Can someone explain the 3 channel setting to me?  Does this mean I can hook the 6x9's up to the 1 and 2 channel, and then hook the sub up to the 3 channel?  And then leave the 1 and 2 button out, and then push the 3 and 4 button in?  

Does any of this make any sense?  I know it's a crappy amp, but it's all I have to work with right now.  

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can someone explain the 3 channel setting to me?  Does this mean I can hook the 6x9's up to the 1 and 2 channel, and then hook the sub up to the 3 channel?  And then leave the 1 and 2 button out, and then push the 3 and 4 button in?  

Does any of this make any sense?  I know it's a crappy amp, but it's all I have to work with right now.  

Thanks.

vmax84

Yes, 3 channel would bridge 2 of the channels together while leaving the other 2 seperate.  So in reality you would hook up each 6 X 9 to it's own channel (1 and 2) which would get around 7-10 watts.  You would hook the subwoofer up to the single channel (the sum of the 2 bridged channels 3 and 4) and it would get around 25 watts.

Definitely not enough to drive a sub.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks.

vmax84

Yes it will work like that, but you'll still be outputting the full frequency range to the sub.  It won't like that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, how old is that dinosaur?

If you're interested in something a bit newer (not much newer) and a lot more powerful to drive your speakers, I've got a matched pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch 40's connected with a Punch Link to look like one big amp. They're the 1st generation DSM amps (not the crap they're making now) and I've had them in every car I've owned since the early 90's.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Left +, Right -

If my memory serves me correct, that should be the key to bridging chnl. 3 & 4.

I'm having to think back to 1994 to get those facts, so you might double check that.  Just please do me a favor, don't be one of those dumbass idiots driving around looking like the icedoutgear.com fags, with your stereo bumping things on my walls.  

ICEDOUTGEAR.COM ----- LICK MY SACK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top