Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/2/2001 7:11:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2001 7:16:39 AM EDT by GeoffM24]
I was looking through the Shotgun News this weekend and one ad had mentioned something about the a possible stop in shipping of arms between countries or something. Is it possible that we might not be able to get gun parts or ammo from other countries?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:17:26 AM EDT
I Just dont know
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:43:30 AM EDT
The conference in New York, which starts on July 9, will address the global problem of the proliferation of small arms and light weapons. We at the United Nations hope that all member nations will agree to this sweeping referendum. However, we do not need the consent or approval of all nations. We hope that all agreeing nations will stop the import/export of weapons, parts and parts kits. This action will, for all practical purposes, stop, or at least, slow the importation of parts and parts kits into the United States. As Secretary General Of The United Nations, I beseech you to contact your representatives and inform them that you fully support this global ban. Remember, we are doing it for the children. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:19:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:12:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:37:35 PM EDT
I am not an expert on the subject but I really dont think the UN can make laws or policy. Think about it we all love our wolf ammo or south african battle packs. But can the UN really tell countries like Russia and South Africa to stop shipping ammo. One country Can not tell another country it can not due something. Six
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:01:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: I am not an expert on the subject but I really dont think the UN can make laws or policy. Think about it we all love our wolf ammo or south african battle packs. But can the UN really tell countries like Russia and South Africa to stop shipping ammo. One country Can not tell another country it can not due something. Six
View Quote
Gentlemen, To use your examples, if South Africa and/or Russia agree to the "ban", you will not be seeing any more imported parts and, by extension, possibly ammunition from these countries. So, the United Nations will not be "telling" other countries what to do. They will have agreed to do it, and therefore, be doing it of their own free will. And, the United Nations DOES make laws and policies, on a global basis. A recent United Nations Judicial Tribunal found that the United States judicial system is subservient to the World Court. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:09:22 AM EDT
Has anyone heard that Clinton is going to get elected president of the United Nations?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:31:31 PM EDT
No matter what the UN throwes out in motions, fact is that most freeworld countries make a damn good living in selling smallarms to other countries. This subject has been on the table time and time before. And always got vetoed out, or didnt get enough support Countries like Chine, Cuba, most European countries and the US have been and will continue to arm their allies in other countries. And then there's a number of "we dont take shit from noone" countries that will elevate their ecomonies by exporting surplus ammo and parts. The general tone of these kind of conventions is sickening, but when was the last time the UN got anything done anyway. Their history has been one of failures stacked on failures. They failed on refugee policy, they failed on nearly every "peacekeeping" mission(regardless of what individual units accomplished). They failed on every general field, because countries want their independance and not global dictatorship. Get angry about tomorrow, send mail/email. If you live in the general area go stand in front of their offices. But dont expect them to get anything done, they never have and I dont expect them do ever do so. Kuiper
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 2:46:58 PM EDT
Did anything happen to SUV's or the electric power industry after the Kyoto treaty? NO Why would you expect this to be different?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:14:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Did anything happen to SUV's or the electric power industry after the Kyoto treaty? NO Why would you expect this to be different?
View Quote
The Kyoto accord was not ratified. Last I heard the only country who had signed was Romania. NMSight
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 3:17:55 PM EDT
Just remember this simple thing, Treaties overrule the Constitution. If they really want to get rid of our 2nd amendment rights, they just need to make a treaty (say with the UN) to do it. Simple and clean.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:38:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hielo: Just remember this simple thing, Treaties overrule the Constitution. If they really want to get rid of our 2nd amendment rights, they just need to make a treaty (say with the UN) to do it. Simple and clean.
View Quote
And therefore we should make certain that the US government and [b]it's[/b] representatives does not ratify any such treaties. Any effort protesting the UN is wasted, unless it's aimed at the US representatives.
Top Top