Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 1:32:20 AM EST
I've been noticing more and more lately that the minutes of commercials per hour or half hour of TV or talk radio is steadily increasing. I watch Seinfeld reruns and notice that parts of each episode I watch are being cut out to allow more time for commercials. And Seinfeld only stopped production 7 years ago! WHEN WILL THIS STOP?!? In 15 years, will we only watch/listen to 5 minutes of programming per half hour? 15 years from then, will it be only 5 minutes per hour?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:33:53 AM EST
I expect it will keep increasing. Its the same way when they chop up movies.

Shows cost more to make and stations wanting to make more money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:56:51 AM EST
I certainly hope not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:00:17 AM EST
Im sure it will rise until there is somewhat of a backlash from it, but some people want to watch CIS so bad they are willing to put up with those same truck and food commericals 5 times during the show.

Honestly how often does a commerical help convince you to buy something? If its somekind of a special I might consider it abit more. Less damned commericalns and lower the price.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:03:34 AM EST

Many commercials convince me NOT to buy a product, because the commercials themselves are irritating enough that I am turned off to the company's product.

Top Top