Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2006 4:22:35 PM EDT
It is my understanding that the tax cuts passed a few years ago expire and they are reset to Clintonian levels soon.

Is this true?  Will the cuts be made permanent, or will they go back up?

Just my luck.  Just in time for my new job.  Maybe.    
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess we'll see if they can stay in office after this immigration fiasco.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they'll be able to do it. The average joe would rather see more $$ in their pocket than fight the deficit.

That being said, if they do become permanent, the Democrats will just raise them again next time they're in power.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think they'll be able to do it. The average joe would rather see more $$ in their pocket than fight the deficit.

That being said, if they do become permanent, the Democrats will just raise them again next time they're in power.

Easier said than done, especially with just one house of congress OR the presidency in the hands of the Republicans.  And that puts lots of voters solidly into the Republican side.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Higher taxes are never ever used to fight the defecit, they are used to finance yet higher spending.  Clinton raised taxes massively in 2003 and his defecits stayed large (as a percent of GDP) until the GOP took over and trimmed his budgets (and cut some of the tax increases back).

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top