Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:20 AM EDT
Or will we all be those old assholes at the range with the crappy black rifles ? I can't see any future platform being as popular as this one currently is and probably will continue to be. That new XM-8 or whatever the hell it was I saw in popular mechanics didn't look to civilian market or modification friendly, reminded me of something Hi-Point would make. Anybody care to take a guess as to what an AR-15 type rifle will sell for in 2040 ? Assuming one would still be able to buy or sell one of course.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
My best bet is that the AR15 will be illegal in 2040.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Will the Garand still be popular in 2005? Yes!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
After observing many folks here and gun owners in general I think we wont have RKBA in 2040. Many will try to vote third party for the next 6 administrastions in hopes of getting their third party up to par and the Dems will make damn sure we are a Eurotrash type nation while they controll everything in the meantime. Many gun owners here support the Miitary being used as LE. Just look at any Hurricane KAtrina thread and watch them cry like liberals everytime they see a soldier carry an empty weapon. Like the libs they want a military police force taking care of them. Most feel they should not have to belong to a RKBA org and like liberals , they pick apart any good attempted to be done. Less that 1 % carrying the weight for the rest of the gun owners, like libs, they expect others to pull for them.

So no it wont be a popular gun in 2040, we will have given away that right by then. We are our own  worst enemy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
It will be nice to have a good back-up in case the crystals in my photon-diod laser death ray fail.

roy d.....cutting edge
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My gut says you are probably right.  If they are not banned than yes, I do think AR-15's will remain popular (in the same way Garands and 1903 Springfields are today).
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will the Garand still be popular in 2005? Yes!

Yes but will the CMP be offering Demilled M16's at reasonable prices later down the road. I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't see any future platform being as popular as this one currently is and probably will continue to be.

It will be like this HK 416. An AR15 with a piston system to cut down on maintainance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, it'll probably be hard to scrounge ammo for them in the wastelands and the ruins.  Reloading supplies will be hard to come by too.
Some tribes might have them but it would probably be wielded by their warlord while the rank and file warriors use bows, swords and stuff.

Holdouts like the Omega Man who hoarded all kinds of stuff might have them but they will be besieged by mobs of roving mutant-looters.  It will be bleak.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]
It will be a C & R

HELL YEAH BABY!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be dead in 2040.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]

most new weapon systems are select-fire. we cannot own new MG's.

most new weapon systems are foreign made. we cannot own foreign made weapons.

IF (and that's a big if), we are still able to own weapons then, it will have to be popular as most weapons (even now) can't be owned by most civilians.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#12]

most new weapon systems are select-fire. we cannot own new MG's.

most new weapon systems are foreign made. we cannot own foreign made weapons.

IF (and that's a big if), we are still able to own weapons then, it will have to be popular as most weapons (even now) can't be owned by most civilians.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think AR15's and ammo will be illegal  by 2040

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
[typical republican] I'll be dead in 2040, so what do i care what happens to people in the future?[/typical republican]

Umm, as for me well I think the airsoft model will be very popular! Our gun culture will be like that of Japan today, well be obsessed with guns but not own any. Oh and certain clever individuals will pull a "captain Kirk" and figure out how to make gunpowder out of sulpher, nitrate and coal and we'll be using old flint locks we bought back in '99 at dixie gun works. One musket ball shot, one kill will be our mantra!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#15]
By the words written in a lot of the posts, it seems that the 2nd Amendment is already dead. It's no wonder we can't win because some of you have already given up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know, but I do that the M1 will.

For those of you who think the RKBA will be dead by 2040 - you better be planning to go down fighting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Heck, will most of us still be around?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't know, but I do that the M1 will.

For those of you who think the RKBA will be dead by 2040 - you better be planning to go down fighting.

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Heck, will most of us still be around?

I will be 69 in 2040 and I plan on being here. I hope long before that time, a 2nd Amendment case has made it to the Supreme Court that states the 2nd is an individual right as we all know it to truly be. And if anything, people need to become proactive and not give up and maybe we might see that day soon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Whatever long gun the US Military goes to next, we ain't ever going to get our hands on even a semi-automatic version, the AR is the end of the road for civilian ownership of military style firearms.

Just like the G-36 and UMP? Even though they were sold here in PC versions as the SL-8 and USC,
the marketplace demanded copies as close as possible to the real thing and now there are a few cloned versions of each. If we can "repair" those bastardized firearms from H&K, anything is possible.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I am afraid the AR-15 will be the last semiauto version of a military rifle Americans will be able to own.  I think contractural restrictions will be placed on manufacturers of future military contractors, as FN is restricted now, so that they will not sell semi auto versions of the latest military firearm.  

And if a civilian manufacturer makes something better than the AR-15, I doubt we will find easy availability and reasonable price of hi cap magazines.  There may also be problems obtaining the same ammunition the military owns.

Unfortunately, being realistic, regardless of winning back some of our RKBA, I think the AR-15 and variants is the end of the line for us.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#23]
 Look t it this way, look how poular the 1911 is NOW.....it's more popular now than it was back in the day...with the general population, at least.  The AR is a user friendly, ergonomic, versitile, attractive firearm...it's gonna be popular for many years to come.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I am afraid the AR-15 will be the last semiauto version of a military rifle Americans will be able to own.  I think contractural restrictions will be placed on manufacturers of future military contractors, as FN is restricted now, so that they will not sell semi auto versions of the latest military firearm.  

in 2040, a lot of patents from 2023 back will have expired, enter the clone makers, just like we have Bushmaster, Stag, Olypic Arms, etc today
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't see any future platform being as popular as this one currently is and probably will continue to be.

It will be like this HK 416. An AR15 with a piston system to cut down on maintainance.
www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/mil-leimages/416-10__1main.jpg

uhhh.....dupe?

I seriously doubt with the way weapons and weapons ideas are advancing, that the U.S. army will be using an AR-type rifle in 2040.

Horde your ARs and AKS NOW! pack them in cosmoline, and store them in a remote bunker, when they come to confiscate your weapons give them one surplus $50 C&R and say, "well, officer that's it!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

And if a civilian manufacturer makes something better than the AR-15, I doubt we will find easy availability and reasonable price of hi cap magazines.  

They already have...its called the AK...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if a civilian manufacturer makes something better than the AR-15, I doubt we will find easy availability and reasonable price of hi cap magazines.  

They already have...its called the AK-74 .

fixed it
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Or will we all be those old assholes at the range with the crappy black rifles ? I can't see any future platform being as popular as this one currently is and probably will continue to be. That new XM-8 or whatever the hell it was I saw in popular mechanics didn't look to civilian market or modification friendly, reminded me of something Hi-Point would make. Anybody care to take a guess as to what an AR-15 type rifle will sell for in 2040 ? Assuming one would still be able to buy or sell one of course.

I don't think you have to worry very much about being one of those "old assholes at the range".
You're already THERE!
From one cranky old white guy to another, "WELCOME!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/mil-leimages/416-10__1main.jpg

Damn, that is badass.  Does HK manufacture that RAS?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top