Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 4:28:21 PM EDT
Does anyone think they will try to make a move very soon, while everyone is focusing on Katrina aftermath? Things are crazy, i am really suprised how bad it has gotten. I went through the hurricanes in FL last year and i totally did not expect this amount of looting or violence.

Tinfoil BS aside, does anyone think this could be the beginning of "it?" It seems like this would be a golden opportunity for them, and i can see them taking advantage of it. God i hope not, but there alot of helpless people right now, and if were focusing on saving them, we wouldnt be able to fight off or rescue in the required scale in two locations simultaneously.

Im just saying our country is alot more susceptable now than we were a week ago, and it has me on edge.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
We were talking about this at lunch today. It'd be the perfect time for those no good bastards to try something. I wouldn't put it past them for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet. Takes time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Domestic Terrorism is already happening right?

Danny
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We were talking about this at lunch today. It'd be the perfect time for those no good bastards to try something. I wouldn't put it past them for a minute.

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
To strike now would imply that they have men and material at the ready.

If they had men and material at the ready, they would have already used them ages ago.

Therefore they have no men and no material.  They are no more of a threat now than before.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Not yet, but you can be rest assured that they're intently watching and learning form the NO fiasco.............I find it interesting that our Gov't, who is so quick to say how they're prepared to respond to a chemical or nuclear terrorist incident, can't even respond to an incident in which there was advanced notice.....The sheeple are screwed if it ever really happens...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, i didnt see it, and was at a job interview earlier.

I think i got the job too.

Can anyone post the link to the other thread? I'd like to read it, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure the current devastation in LA and AL has NOT gone unnoticed by the ROP'ers.

While a massive recovery requires huge attention from the Fed-Gov and gas prices jumping, we are very vulgnerable. A well exectued large scale attack in the US right now would cause total chaos.

HS1

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not yet, but you can be rest assured that they're intently watching and learning form the NO fiasco.............I find it interesting that our Gov't, who is so quick to say how they're prepared to respond to a chemical or nuclear terrorist incident, can't even respond to an incident in which there was advanced notice.....The sheeple are screwed if it ever really happens...

One thing I learnt is never, never, ever go to a shelter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like Homeland security should have a better handle on our oil pipeline, b'cuz if all it takes is a couple CAT 5 Hurricanes to wipe them out (Katrina took out 50% of the pipeline)
What real defense do we have against terrorists that are determined to fuck our shit up?
If they hit us now they could really do some damage to our whole system, way of life, & economy.
And I feel this whole 3 state disaster just points out our weeknesses to them...
Man, maybe that is the plan. . . wait for something natural to happen and then exploit it to their fullest capabilities.
Food....check, bug out bag....check, Weapons.... check, Ammo.....check, bug out plan . . . needs work.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
If they can, they will.  Nothing has changed in that regard.  I always laugh when I hear that OBL or somebody similar has issued some sort of ultimatum, saying the streets will run red with the blood of the infidel, or something like that.  They say these things as though they didn't ALREADY want to kill us every chance they get.  I don't think we face any GREATER threat of terrorism now than we did last week.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I post a similar topic on another forum and I get "shut the fuck up"....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

agreed
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

HH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Well give me a link then damnit! Someone else said there another thread like this, but NO LINK!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Sept 11 is just around the corner
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't get it... I post my thread about this FIRST,  then it gets locked as a DUPE?  WTF???

Perfect opportunity for a terror attack?   Posted :: 8/31/2005 11:56:59 AM EDT

michaelj1978
Team Member

Post Number :: 1329

MO, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blow up a refinery or two in Houston and the US would be in lockdown. I think if they were going to strike anywhere in the US now is their time, now's their perfect opportunity. With all the attention focused on the hurricane and all the rescue efforts headed their way the rest of the US is extremely vulnerable. I think a big attack or series of smaller attacks could turn whole cities inside out and shut down the economy pretty quickly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top