Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 12:31:45 PM EDT
I have to do the flooring in my house some time before spring, I have already done some of it, and I need to clear it out and finish the home stretch and tie into the tile in the kitchen (I love this live-in remodel shit)

When I did the back room it was nice weather, so I laid it all down, cleaned it, and put the poly on in place, took 2 days to cure and I had all the windows and doors open with a little bit of residual stink. My plan this time was to pre-finish the boards in the barn so I could just go to town and be walking on it that evening. The problem is that the temperature is likely to be in the teens and twenties for the foreseeable future.

Will the poly cure properly that cold?

It isn't a huge deal to do just do it in place again, but I have to ship my family and the dogs over to my parents for 2-3 days while I keep the heat going, not ideal, but it would work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya' go...  http://www.uroxsys.co.nz/temperature.htm

says nope, don't do it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
45 degrees is too cold for expecting it to dry in 24 hours....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top