Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:18:21 PM EDT
If your team has already played or isn't playing but there are other football games on will you watch them?

If Michigan or the Lions arent playing, and there is another decent game going on between to good teams, I will watch them play. I definitely watch games between teams in the Big 10 conference. But I just enjoy watching a GOOD football game as long as they are respectable teams or it is a good game.

So what are you? Are you a fan of the game, football, and will watch whoever is on? Or are you JUST a fan of your team and you only watch football when it's your team playing.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:21:05 PM EDT
nope, if it's on, I'm pretty much watching football. I don't even want to think about how much I watched last week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:25:49 PM EDT
My team sucks. I watch other teams play so I can watch a good game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:28:58 PM EDT
I will watch some other teams. I'll watch just about any SEC team. I can't stand to watch conferences that normally have games that wind up 50-48, normally the lesser conferences or 1AA conferences.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:29:41 PM EDT
I don't know any football fans that only watch their team play.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:33:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_4th_Horseman:

true enough
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:34:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 7:38:38 PM EDT by Mountain_Snipe]
Weird question. I watch ALL football. My sports package gives me access to colleges I've never even heard of. When I'm in my truck on Fridays I'm listening to random high school games on obscure radio channels.

In short, I love football. It's a metaphor for life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:34:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_4th_Horseman:

I guess you could go to the spring game only.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:35:43 PM EDT
Yes, I'm a Green Bay fan this year
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:36:44 PM EDT
I watch Green Bay and the Vikings. I also watch every college game I can.

I love college ball but I don't know shit about teams or their histories.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:37:29 PM EDT
I watch as many as I can.

FUCK THE BUCKEYES!!!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:38:31 PM EDT
I'm a die hard Bills fan and that leaves a lot to be desired. I live vicariously through players on other teams. I'll watch any football or hockey game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:39:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Credge:
I watch Green Bay and the Vikings. I also watch every college game I can.

I love college ball but I don't know shit about teams or their histories.

NOTHING in any big time sporting venue comes close to being as exciting and fun as college football games. The strong rivalries and everything just in unparalleled in any other sport or pro franchise.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:40:13 PM EDT
I grew up a Lions fan but had family in Pittsburgh so was a Steelers fan too. If they're not playing, I'm still watching any game that's on. The priority usually goes division games, games with playoff implications, games with teams I'm most familiar with, "good" matchups, anything else. Fantasy football relevant games trump all else if I'm at risk of losing.

As a Detroiter I see the opposite from so many Wings fans. They act like the Wings are the only team that plays hockey.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:41:09 PM EDT
I love watching Michigan lose.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:42:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sixpack595:
I grew up a Lions fan but had family in Pittsburgh so was a Steelers fan too. If they're not playing, I'm still watching any game that's on. The priority usually goes division games, games with playoff implications, games with teams I'm most familiar with, "good" matchups, anything else. Fantasy football relevant games trump all else if I'm at risk of losing.

As a Detroiter I see the opposite from so many Wings fans. They act like the Wings are the only team that plays hockey.

As much as I LOVE football. There is still nothing more fun than going to and watching a hockey game in person.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:43:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
I love watching Michigan lose.

Nobody asked for YOUR opinion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:45:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Originally Posted By Sixpack595:

As much as I LOVE football. There is still nothing more fun than going to and watching a hockey game in person.

I agree for live games but I just can't get into it that much watching it on TV, except maybe the Olympics.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:50:49 PM EDT
I don't follow college ball much,but I pick the Saints for the NFC,and the Ravens for the AFC.Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:54:09 PM EDT
I like to watch my two favorite teams. Alabama and whoever is playing Awbarn. I've even gotten my wife into watching football with me. And I mean every game that comes on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:03:20 PM EDT
I grew up in W. PA...Steelers country...and been a fan all of my life.

I lived for a few years in Omaha and learned to appreciate the Huskers.

I live in WI now and have no problem rooting for the Packers or Badgers.

However, when I lived in TX is did not hide my contempt for the damned Cowboys.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:05:26 PM EDT
I watch anything college, doesn't matter. I just enjoy the game.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:28:19 PM EDT
Top Top