Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:35:30 AM EDT
I think Texas wins by four points.

USC doesn't get its repeat.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:59 AM EDT
USC is the most overrated team in NCAA football ever. ESPN is jacking off just thinking about USC. I hope Texas rips them a new butthole.

HOOKEM HORNS!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:37:43 AM EDT
3rd.

But no.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:38:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By go3:
3rd.

But no.

2nd.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:40:19 AM EDT
Yep, it's thiers........
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:42:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

3rd.

But no.

2nd.

3rd
Southern California : BCS, AP,

LSU-BCS
Southern California-AP
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:44:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zepp:

3rd.

But no.

2nd.

3rd
Southern California : BCS, AP,

LSU-BCS
Southern California-AP

Yea, it would be three, but NO!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:46:16 AM EDT
The only recognized method of deciding the NCAA Division I-A football champion is the BCS. Been that way since 1997. All the schools signed on to it (the BCS), so when the BCS says LSU is the champion, the AP can choose whoever they want, but LSU is the only champ.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:04:13 AM EDT
Ahhh...the Woofing begins!

CRY HAVOC...AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

SC by at least two TDs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:04:58 AM EDT

The only recognized method of deciding the NCAA Division I-A football champion is the BCS. Been that way since 1997. All the schools signed on to it (the BCS), so when the BCS says LSU is the champion, the AP can choose whoever they want, but LSU is the only champ.

+1

They all knew the rules when they signed on for the BCS way of deciding the champion. End of story.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:13:20 AM EDT
Bah! They got thier Heismans the horns will get the title!!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:14:35 AM EDT
They may be overrated in the sense the competition doesn't seem as good, but they play with a confidence and focus I don't see often. I don't think this will be a close game. Either USC will fall apart or they will score like crazy. I'm calling for USC.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:17:19 AM EDT
Texas will win.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:32:53 AM EDT
Its easy to be successful when you play in the second weakest BCS conference. Second, only to the Big East, the PAC-10 is no where near the caliber of the ACC/SEC/Big Ten.

While we're at it, Texas is undefeated this year, only because they Big XII north might as well be 1-AA and the south was having a down year. Only real team UT played this year was the Buckeyes, and they we're as strong early on as they are now.

THE ONLY WAY TO GET A REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IS WITH A 16 TEAM PLAY-OFF!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:34:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sloth:
THE ONLY WAY TO GET A REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IS WITH A 16 TEAM PLAY-OFF!!!

Four teams. If you're fifth, you don't deserve a shot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:36:36 AM EDT
Nope!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:37:05 PM EDT
Third and by at least 12 points. The only way LSU wonthe BCS was because Boise State beat the Little Sisters of the Poor at the end of the year. What happened to LSU the next year?

d\Didn't we see many of the same comments on what the Okies would do to SC? Can we remember what happened in that game?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:09:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:13:26 PM EDT
Texas is, as usual, way overrated.

They'll lose, and big time.

I'll be here the day after the game and if Texas wins, I'll be here to take the pain.

Oklahoma is better than Texas any day of the week.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:22:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Damocles:
Texas is, as usual, way overrated.

They'll lose, and big time.

I'll be here the day after the game and if Texas wins, I'll be here to take the pain.

Ouch! That's gonna hurt. See you back here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2005 11:25:47 PM EDT by ProfessorEvil]

Originally Posted By Damocles:

'cept maybe...Saturday...October 8th.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:27:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By s1rGr1nG0:

Ouch! That's gonna hurt. See you back here.

It very well could hurt. In spite all my smack talkin' Texas is actually a very good team.

But my people are from Oklahoma and I live in Oregon amongst the PAC-10. Got to stick with the family and neighbors.

In any case they're all warriors and have fought the good fight. May the best team win.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:28:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ProfessorEvil:

'cept maybe...Saturday...October 8th.....

point takin' my friend, point takin...

See ya next year.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:42:39 AM EDT
Are you kidding ? Has Texas ever won a championship? Seriously, I can't remember. This won't even be close just like Iowa, Michagan, and Okhlahoma in the previous 3 BCS bowls with SC. Oh, and by the way, nobody even remembers that LSU was even in the hunt in 2004.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:52:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PaDanby:
Third and by at least 12 points. The only way LSU wonthe BCS was because Boise State beat the Little Sisters of the Poor at the end of the year. What happened to LSU the next year?

Since 1997, only one trophy's been handed out per year to a national champion. Two years ago LSU was handed that trophy. Where's USC's trophy from that year? What's that you say? They don't have one? Ahhhh. Thought so.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:10:23 AM EDT

I think Texas wins by four points.

USC doesn't get its repeat.

Texas 38
USC 23

HH
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 5:57:11 AM EDT by JHaines]

Originally Posted By SC_00_05:
Are you kidding ? Has Texas ever won a championship? Seriously, I can't remember.

That's because you probably only started watching college football after Leinart won the Heisman - like most bandwagon USC fans.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:22:47 PM EDT

Since 1997, only one trophy's been handed out per year to a national champion. Two years ago LSU was handed that trophy. Where's USC's trophy from that year? What's that you say? They don't have one? Ahhhh. Thought so.

Remember PEOPLE picked USC, poorly programmed machines picked LSU, I see that LSU continued it's winning ways like USC did.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:35:30 PM EDT
I have no personal beef with either team, they both impress the hell out of me.

And, unlike folks in this thread who are clairvoyant, I have no clue how well they match up, having never played each other.

What I can say, from watching both teams play again and again is that if USC plays hard, from the first quarter offensively, there's no way Texas will be able to counter their weapons. Vince Young, as good as he is, isn't going to score on every posession against USC, and that's what it would take to beat them if they're on fire offensively.

If, however, true to most of the year USC is slow to start or makes stupid mistakes (remember the first half of Fresno State, as an example of how they can get manhandled), then Texas is definately a team that can keep them down enough to walk away with the game.

Texas is VERY good, more rounded, but if it's a shootout I have to say USC is too capable of scoring and they can do it 10 ways on every drive. I suspect that's how they keep winning.

In any case, I can't WAIT to see it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:57:16 AM EDT

Remember PEOPLE picked USC, poorly programmed machines picked LSU, I see that LSU continued it's winning ways like USC did.

...And USC (along with ALL the other NCAA Div. I-A football schools) signed an agreement that the "poorly programmed machines" would be in charge of determining the Div. I-A football championship.

The machines didn't pick USC...did they? Hmmm?

<crickets>
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:15:28 AM EDT
Going into the season I thought Texas was over hyped. Now that the season is over it is clear that Texas and USC are the two best teams. I also think that it is going to be a good game and I am not expecting a blow out. Since the game is basicly in USC's backyard I say they win 27-23
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:43 AM EDT
We need a poll. Here is what mine would look like.

1. Texas
2. USC
3. I hope a meteor hits the stadium at halftime. (This is a joke, don't take it seriously)

If I had to choose who to pull for, it would be Texas. Don't like either team, but if it comes down to USC vs. any team from my neighbors to the west, it aint no contest. I prefer A&M to the Longhorns, but that is a different story.
Top Top