Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2006 9:32:15 PM EDT
Given the past history it looks like they will.  But the present situation makes the possiblity appear remote.

Under the right conditions Japan might want to roll up North Korea but China would probably prevent it.  Then again they might not.

There seems to be nobody for Germany to go after.  Russia has too many nukes.  France has some.

But the big thing is that the economies of the various countries are now interelated.  Japan has waged a sort of economic competition war, with a lot of success.  Germany has been less successful at this game.

Japan's big problem seems to be that the auto and electronic industries may gradually slip away to places with much lower labor costs.

Germany also has industries slipping away to cheaper places.  But Germany's biggest problem in the future will be it's increasing islamic population fraction.  I think Germany will eventually start expulsion of non Germans or at least islamics.

Still there is that history.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Given the past history it looks like they will.  But the present situation makes the possiblity appear remote.

Under the right conditions Japan might want to roll up North Korea but China would probably prevent it.  Then again they might not.

There seems to be nobody for Germany to go after.  Russia has too many nukes.  France has some.

But the big thing is that the economies of the various countries are now interelated.  Japan has waged a sort of economic competition war, with a lot of success.  Germany has been less successful at this game.

Japan's big problem seems to be that the auto and electronic industries may gradually slip away to places with much lower labor costs.

Germany also has industries slipping away to cheaper places.  But Germany's biggest problem in the future will be it's increasing islamic population fraction.  I think Germany will eventually start expulsion of non Germans or at least islamics.

What do you think?

Germany? Unlikely in my lifetime or my son's lifetime.

Japan? Maybe, but they'd need a major event that would change their culture back into the warriors they once were a mere three generations ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think?

Japan? Maybe, but they'd need a major event that would change their culture back into the warriors they once were a mere three generations ago.

the only thing I see kicking japan into gear is if North Korea launches a missle at them that does some damage instead of a dud falling just ofshore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think?

the only thing I see kicking japan into gear is if North Korea launches a missle at them that does some damage instead of a dud falling just ofshore.

+1

Both countries have been very quiet and pretty much dormant along the lines of military activity, or military buildup. I highly doubt they'll be of any significant military presence within the next century.

But, shit can happen and I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
western european civilization is doomed with a generation or 2 at most due to certain groups rampant uncontrolled or civilized immigration
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably not in the next 100 years or so, after that nobody can tell either way except for guesswork.

Although I'm quite surprised that Japan did nothing when North Korea fired a missile right over their country and landed it in the sea.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Western European civilization is doomed with a generation or 2 at most due to certain groups rampant uncontrolled or civilized immigration

Unfortunately I agree with you, on the brightside realestate over there will be cheap.  Not sure what the hell is wrong with the youth over there.  Seems that the Liberal Moonbat disease has run rampant, undoubtedly due to secret bio and chem warfare experiments done by the ruskies.  Either that or it is the water.

Most of the Adults, even "Zee Phrench" are well-adjusted to reality.  Of course they were here in the good old USofA.  

I just get tired of the constant criticism how we are "Imperialistic Schwein," and baby killers.  Never seen such a hateful look as the one I received when I suggested that the next time we save them from themselves we will just keep the place instead of giving it back.  "Especially since, you've done such a fine job of running the place into the ground."  If looks could kill.

Her: "You have a funny last name!"
Me: "So do you, Sorry I'm not an Englishman."
Her: (Puzzled look)

Her: (in reference to my purchase of the big drink at the movies) "You are a pig!"
Me: "Yep, I am the American Schwein your mother warned you about, and when I go home I'm gonna clean my guns.  The ones I was out shooting earlier today.  And I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that a portion of my tax dollars will be spent maintaining nuclear weapons."
Her: (looks at me like I just killed a kitten.)
Me: (before she can get a word in edgewise) "If you remember one thing in life, remember this: 'If it's not Scottish, It's crap!'"
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you think?

+1

Both countries have been very quiet and pretty much dormant along the lines of military activity, or military buildup. I highly doubt they'll be of any significant military presence within the next century.

But, shit can happen and I could be wrong.

I thought Japan was in the process of beefing up their military.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
If either feeels the urge, it won't take them long to build up.  Look at just 15 years after WW I in Germany.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
you are all wrong, I believe.  Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelation talk about the Gog/Magog war, the destruction of Damascus, a 7 year peace treaty with Isreal that is broken halfway through, and the destruction of the dome of the rock in Jerusalem.

four nations are mentioned by reference, represented by the bear, the leopard, the eagle, the lion.  Germany is thought to be represented by the leopard.  

A cool site for further discussion on this is rapture ready.com.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Japan's population is aging rapidly. They are in the real threat of having population decline. They have no reason to try to expand.
Germany is in the middle of an invasion, they just don't seem to realise it yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Japan yes.
Germany no. Too much liberal white guilt.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Germany no, too pansified.

I dont even want to start on Japan, we've lost our manufacturing to them god knows what our future will be like.   Looks like we lost that war and didnt even know it.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
German Sunnis will conquer French Shiites in a day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#14]
It would seem to me that Russia would be the most likely to make such an attempt (at least at getting even with us), given the country's new fould oil wealth and alliances with many other "bad" countries.

What say ye?
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
German Sunnis will conquer French Shiites in a day.

exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top