Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2019 12:25:51 PM EDT
Water tote would be on f250 with a flat bed, pressure washer on ground.  So a ~3-4 drop or so. Will the pressure washer pull enough water from gravity or will I need a pump to pump out of tote and into pressure washer?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Mobile pressure wash companies use a similar setup to pressure wash the inventory at car dealerships all the time.

ETA: The water tote and the pressure washer are frequently on the same level for their mobile units.

Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What size of hose and how many gpm is the washer?  Most likely, yes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Some require certain GPM’s to function properly.  Tractor supply, and harbor freight sell in line water pumps that hook up to the truck battery that will provide pressure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes,  used to do this with a 55 gal drum in back of truck to wash my dirt scooter at the track back in my glory days.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure it's a high volume hose. I tried to use one of those collapsible hoses with my PW and even hooked up to city water with excellent pressure the PW pump wasn't getting enough water.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 40 gal. RV water tank with pump mounted on top and it functions for refilling my trailer. You need to know the demands of your pump to get it to function to it's potential. For the most part pumps do have a draft or suction that helps increase pressure. As posted before I've seen people use that set up at race tracks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What size of hose and how many gpm is the washer?  Most likely, yes.
View Quote
it says "up to 4gpm"
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it says "up to 4gpm"
View Quote
unhook the feed hose at the washer and see how fast it fills a gallon jug.  If it fills in 15 sec or less when the tank is near empty, you're ok.  Make sure the tank is getting air.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine does, but getting it primed is a cocksucker.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It should.

As someone else posted, use a high volume hose.  Or neck it down right on the pressure washer end vs on the tote end.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think that would be high enough for any decent amount of pressure. Maybe at 40 feet? Depends on requirements I guess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Water tote would be on f250 with a flat bed, pressure washer on ground.  So a ~3-4 drop or so. Will the pressure washer pull enough water from gravity or will I need a pump to pump out of tote and into pressure washer?
View Quote
It depends. Is the pump a direct drive operating at the same rpm as the motor? Or is it belt drive at 1/2 rpm. The slower pump will work fine providing you use a large enough supply line and run water into both sides of the pump head.

Sometimes with a high rpm pump the water doesn't have time to fill the cylinder and the piston suction will cause cavitation. This will destroy your pump packings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top