Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 11:04:22 AM EDT
Who all uses or has used these? And your opinion.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I wear the Top Jimmy.  And my fiance wears a pair of WileyX glasses as well.

We got them at http://www.talonarms.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair of Wiley X SG-1. Don't wear them anymore. They fog up really easy. I'm a lot happier with my Oakley Ballistic M Frames 2 or Gascans.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a pair.  I love them.  I have a small face, and they fit me well.  I also have very light eyes, and the lenses work better at shielding light than any I've ever had before.

I have Oakley's, and the WileyX are much better for me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have a pair of Wiley X SG-1. Don't wear them anymore. They fog up really easy. I'm a lot happier with my Oakley Ballistic M Frames 2 or Gascans.

My experience as well.  The SG-1 do rank as the fastest to fog glasses/goggles I've ever owned.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate the issue ones. They just don't fir my face, and are either falling off or else pulled into the eye socket if I use the band.

Most guys seem to  like them, so I trade mine for the ESS ICE glasses.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a pair I use over my prescription glasses when I shoot steel plates with FMJs. Takes a little balancing, but with what my specs cost I'm not taking any chances. They have some sort of sealing deal but I took it off so the things would fit.

I would like them if I used them solo, but then I couldn't  see the plates.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the photosensitive glasses with the foam surround, and they solidly sucked ass.  Didn't get dark, and had 2 jets of air shooting into my eyes on the bike.

My bother brought me back some interchangable lens M type deals that Uncle Sam gave him in the desert.  I like em.  A lot.

HOWEVER

I've read a thread here, started by Pat Rogers IIRC, about how most shades other than Oakleys, have some distortion issues, which may, or may not, get you killed.  I mentioned this to my bro, and he said it was a known issue in the sandbox.

Nice shades, but range use only for me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#8]
My Wileys fog up quick.

I prefer Oakley Gascans....

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had a pair of their sunglasses (don't remember what model they are) for a couple of years now and like them just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top