Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 6:49:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
In the area I live it is common to hunt feral hogs with dogs.If the hog is not to large and is a boar he will be castrated and ear or tail marked and released. Later if the same hog is taken the meat will be good to eat and not have the strong taste of the boar. Some use dogs that bay the hogs and you leg them, others use dogs that catch the hogs and then you leg them and tie up the legs to transport. At one time I had 13 hog dogs but no longer pursue them. It can be a little dangerous at times but I have only been ijured once although have had numerous dogs K.I.A.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I know some crazy rednecks who chase down hogs with dogs & knifes but it ain't my jeg.  I prefer pistols or blackpower or just plain ol rifles, am not going to run though the whitebrush/blackbrush and catus of south texas to kill a pig.

There are 2 pictures of my college roommates little brother you might find interesting.

This one is a baby.

[img]http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=247845[/img]

[img]http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=247846[/img]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Just plain crazy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Tried to hunt bear once doing the catch and release deal. I caught the bear, but it wouldn't release me. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top