Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 11:55:10 AM EDT
Ok, am I the only person on the planet who hates this? You're walking thru the indoor shopping mall, and you can see the birds that got inside during construction or whatever flying around and chirping in the high light fixtures.

In the mall by me (Fair Oaks), we were eating at the Corner Bakery, and I could see the birds swooping into the eating area, and landing on the wall behind the counter. Then hoping down onto the ground behind the counter to forage.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a major health code violation, not just the birds in the restaurant, but just being inside the mall in general?

I see them in Home Depot and Costco too, all the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
So, like, what is the mall supposed to do about the half dozen sparrows in the 20-acre mall?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So, like, what is the mall supposed to do about the half dozen sparrows in the 20-acre mall?

Close the mall, get some Air Rifles and some ARFcommers.....

And hold a BBQ when you're done.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I see them in my Walmart too. They fly in through the garden center and crap all over the place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The workers who don't wash their hands then prepare your food are probably a bigger health concern.

And there are plenty of scumbags in malls that are more of a nuisance than birds.

But then, I might not be what you'd call a 'people person'.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Flys in the McDonalds.    
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Or send in these guys:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wanna know what we have to do in our AIB inspected food grade warehouses?

Bird in building = instant failure!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
[hi-jack] I had one in my showroom one Sunday morning. I have 6 6X8 windows in the front, I opened the front door and the bird took off wide open into one of those windows. It knocked itself flat ass out cold. I picked it up assuming it was dead, tossed it outside, and a few minutes later it was gone.
Every time I think about that bird flying into that window.....I LMAO.[hi-jack]

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen it quite a few times.

One mall has an indoor water fountain (thing shoots a good 20' in the air).

There was a flock of about a dozen Starlings doing dive bomb runs through the water.
The crowd seemed to enjoy watching the birds.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a major health code violation, not just the birds in the restaurant, but just being inside the mall in general?

What about restraunts that have outdoor seating?

Hell, I always throw the birds a few leftovers or pieces of food.

The trusting ones will sit on the edge of the table waiting for a few morsels.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Eating outside, no problem, hell I throw a few frenchfries myself from time to time.

But indoors? That's wrong man. I also dont want my hair frosted for free.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
We had a pigeon get into a walmart I used to work at. I tracked the sucker down and caught him with a lucky throw of a fishing net.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Ban the birds. For the children.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We had a pigeon get into a walmart I used to work at. I tracked the sucker down and caught him with a lucky throw of a fishing net.

dude Its walmart go to the sporting goods and get a 22 pellet gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top