Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 10:21:08 PM EDT
Hello,
Parents built my brother a house on their property (handicapped) and are looking wanting to extend their wifi to his house so he can watch his youtube and TV out there.
Pic of property. "A" is brothers house and "B" is my parents house and approx 240 feet. They have wireless at their house, but it is not super great being that they live in the country. "C" is another shop that may eventually want wifi at down the road, but priority is getting his house on my parents wifi.

Attachment Attached File

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not for the faint of heart technically, but I installed the Ubiquiti NanoBeam ac Gen2 High-Performance airMAX ac Bridge from my house to my barn and it is amazingly effective. Two are needed, and you need to determine how you want to mount the antennae such that they can be aligned line-of-sight. I used the extra-cost articulating mount vs. the more limited included mount. You will need AC power somewhat near each end for the POE injector.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
yup, point-to-point that shit and throw a switch(or router) and access point(s) in the other buildings.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What is speed over these?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
For a similar application, I used a cantenna and a wireless bridge to jump the gap to the next building, then wired everything in that structure off its end of the wireless bridge.

If I had to do it over again, I'd put in a long wired run in conduit. Buried, if I could borrow a neighbor's ditch witch or trencher.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We have two business buildings a couple blocks apart connected with Ubiquiti.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is speed over these?
View Quote

AirMax AC are 450Mbps
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

AirMax AC are 450Mbps
View Quote

If you are lucky. 300 Mbps is pushing it in an average deployment (I've deployed a few hundred of them).

Personally, I prefer Mikrotik's Wireless Wire offerings as the come pre-configured and pre-paired so all you have to do it plug them in and align them and you can obtain symmetric gigabit throughput. We've actually been moving to these over the AirMAX AC gear for low key PtP links...setup a gigabit 1/2 mile link on Monday actually. Of course, you can really dig into the configurations and modify if needed...but I don't recommend doing that unless you are familiar with Mikrotik. Even use the exact same 24V Passive PoE as Ubiquiti's AirMAX (to be fair, Mikrotik used it first) but everything but the wAP 60G, LHG60G and nRAY Wireless Wire kits also support standard 802.3af/at PoE (no INS-3AF adapter needed if you want to power the radios from existing PoE switches).
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Any amazon links for which one would work best?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top