Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 12:56:20 PM EDT
Here are some my wife has taken in the last couple of weeks.

She made a Facebook so people could follow her as she progresses with her skills

That can be found Here if you want to watch her get better. I will try to post what she lets me when she lets me.

I know the camera goes everywhere with us. We (her) probably took 100-120 pics today. Im gonna try to get her to do some night photography this weekend.
Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 1:08:28 PM EDT
very nice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 1:11:07 PM EDT
How does someone even get a shot like #2 fast enough to catch a moment like that? When I was carrying my dad's old camera around a lot in high school, it always seemed like it took an eternity for me to get the camera up, focus it, get the aperture set, and take a photo.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 1:17:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BakerMike:
How does someone even get a shot like #2 fast enough to catch a moment like that? When I was carrying my dad's old camera around a lot in high school, it always seemed like it took an eternity for me to get the camera up, focus it, get the aperture set, and take a photo.

Well she stood in one spot that had a good bit of foot traffic and sat there focused one one spot and waited for the perfect shot 25 weeks preggers and standing still for about 15mins...we encountered MANY MANY issues like you described though. She took 100-120 pictures and 10% were ok and about 40%-60% of those she deemed good enough. I occupied the baby and handed her lenses.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:15:46 PM EDT
Is 'street photography' mostly done in B & W?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:17:22 PM EDT
She has a good eye.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:37:16 PM EDT
She's got "the eye". Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:01:09 PM EDT
nice shots,as a photog most of what you can shoot in public is fine but sometimes you run across those who ask what you are doing,maybe they are catting around on the old man or old lady and think you are the hired detective,some just do not want pics taken and you got to respect that
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:22:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tenmikemike:
Is 'street photography' mostly done in B & W?

most street photography is yes, some isn't most of her street photography is there are a few exceptions. she takes most of it color and then looks at the difference between B&W and the color. There is a color one somewhere she took, but it's a landscape and not street.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:28:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Foxtrot243:
nice shots,as a photog most of what you can shoot in public is fine but sometimes you run across those who ask what you are doing,maybe they are catting around on the old man or old lady and think you are the hired detective,some just do not want pics taken and you got to respect that

There was one occasion like you spoke of. It was easily dealt with by saying "you moved into my frame and stood there...i waited for you to move while you stared at me" There was also one where i was glad i was packing. Meth head came out of now where yelling at my wife for taking a picture of a condemned and repossessed building. I rolled the window down and asked him nicely to shut his cake eater. He said "sorry i didn't see you there" so told him it would be best if he left and moved his car. He refused so i just asked him if i should call the sheriff and ask him to do an investigation of a possible meth lab. He decided it was time to let us leave....moral of that story quick wits are quicker than the fastest bullet, but it's always good to have a back up plan.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 7:20:37 PM EDT by theliberating1]
If you want to make her week, pick up this book for her. http://www.amazon.com/Street-Photography-Now-Sophie-Howarth/dp/0500543933

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:19:53 PM EDT
Shooting people from the hip maybe option. I don't think I can point my camera at random strangers. Good shots your wife has the best is the girls on the train.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:42:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Koi:
Shooting people from the hip maybe option. I don't think I can point my camera at random strangers. Good shots your wife has the best is the girls on the train.

haha thanks, but the people in the train aren't her's
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:54:53 AM EDT
Nice shots.

But I'm with Koi. I've never been good at taking pictures of strangers. And therefore, Ill never be good at street photography.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:06:01 PM EDT
NIce pics, She has some talent.

Everytime i go to take a picture I'm either too slow, it's blurry or it just plain sucks
Top Top