Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:54:44 PM EDT
My wife wants to sign up for AR15.com, but we share a common email address with our verizon internet. I think that I read that you cannot use gmail or yahoo mail to sign up for the site. I am already using using our e-mail address so she cannnot use it to sign up. Is there some way we can get here signed up? She has already picked her screen name of Bullseye_Blonde. She loves reading GD, and is really into shooting now. I think I created a monster when I let her shoot her first 22 rifle.

Before the leg hummping starts we know the rules, but she will not allow pic yet. All the ones we have are pre-weight loss surgery.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even a member yet and already breaking the rules?

ETA: Try creating another email account through your service provider. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Opening an AOL or yahoo account takes about two minutes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Where the fuck are the pics?

Edited to add: Nevermind, saw the last line. Just have her open a new email account.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats always such a great idea.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Verizon only lets you have 1 email address?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where the fuck are the pics?  

Edited to add: Nevermind, saw the last line. Just have her open a new email account.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
You must use an ISP style account to set up an arfcom account. However, once the account is created, I believe you can change it to any address (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, etc).

Change your arfcom account to a different address, and let her have the old one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Verizon allows you to set up sub accounts in the main accounts services page. Set up a sub account and check the box that says allow access to email. And she will have an email like [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife wants to sign up for AR15.com, but we share a common email address with our verizon internet. I think that I read that you cannot use gmail or yahoo mail to sign up for the site. I am already using using our e-mail address so she cannnot use it to sign up. Is there some way we can get here signed up? She has already picked her screen name of Bullseye_Blonde. She loves reading GD, and is really into shooting now. I think I created a monster when I let her shoot her first 22 rifle.

Before the leg hummping starts we know the rules, but she will not allow pic yet. All the ones we have are pre-weight loss surgery.

Send me the info (desired screen name and ANY (edit:  working, as the temp password is sent to it) e-mail address) and I can force it through.  Please welcome her to the site.  

Sure you want to do that? The last time somebody opened an account for their SO, it started shitstorm in here.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#12]
when's the pool party?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#13]
no.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Verizon allows you to set up sub accounts in the main accounts services page. Set up a sub account and check the box that says allow access to email.

Beat me.  This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Just warn her the guys in GD are not very nice to the ladies. I have seen how they treat other ppls gf/so/wives. I suggest she start off getting to know the women's forum and hometown first. I saw how they suggested a gf was a troll and made her very upset.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send me the info (desired screen name and ANY (edit:  working, as the temp password is sent to it) e-mail address) and I can force it through.  Please welcome her to the site.  

Sure you want to do that? The last time somebody opened an account for their SO, it started shitstorm in here.  

Yeah it did people were being rude and saying that they were trolling

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

To be honest I didnt think they were trolling but they certainly werent helping themselves.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Tell her to avoid GD like the plague.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest I didnt think they were trolling but they certainly werent helping themselves.

IDK, all I know is what I read from the locked thread from kingsnake

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#20]

When worlds collide.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You'll be sorry.

Yup, but they should do it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When worlds collide.

ole_slewfoot will cease to exist.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just warn her the guys in GD are not very nice to the ladies. I have seen how they treat other ppls gf/so/wives. I suggest she start off getting to know the women's forum and hometown first. I saw how they suggested a gf was a troll and made her very upset.

Aw, come on, just a bunch of teddy bears in here.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I think op is playing us for attention.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I welcome her to the site.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You'll be sorry.

This
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she posts a few suggestive pics on GD she'll be treated like a Goddess and probably get a free membership to boot....

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don' worry about the wife. She can hold her own with some tough characters. I have seen her embarrass half of a paving crew on one of my projects.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

As long as she doesn't come in with a "Hi I'm a girl" thread, she'll be fine. OP says she's been lurking, she knows the drill.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back in the kitchen.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as she doesn't come in with a "Hi I'm a girl" thread, she'll be fine. OP says she's been lurking, she knows the drill.

Yes, you only want to do that if you want a free membership.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If she posts a few suggestive pics on GD she'll be treated like a Goddess and probably get a free membership to boot....

Well, yeah.  But the pathological misogynists will show up hot on the heels of the pathetic leghumpers and then the show will start.  Some indeterminate number of pages later, the thread will get locked, and the woman will wander off mumbling to herself: "They wanted pictures, so I gave them pictures, and they got mad.  Gun people are weird."

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back in the kitchen.

Hell, no.  Not until you take out the garbage.  Now get to steppin'.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah.  But the pathological misogynists will show up hot on the heels of the pathetic leghumpers and then the show will start.  Some indeterminate number of pages later, the thread will get locked, and the woman will wander off mumbling to herself: "They wanted pictures, so I gave them pictures, and they got mad.  Gun people are weird."

The predictability of it all does get to be amusing though.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back in the kitchen.

I'm busy holding down the couch.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#37]
tell her to log out then log back in

oh wait, am i too early?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

oh wait, am i too early?

Um, yeah, she hasn't even posted pics yet.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

oh wait, am i too early?

Um, yeah, she hasn't even posted pics yet.

whoosh......
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about, newb?

We might have some fun with wives, but they're treated with respect.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry pal, you're fucked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I have already took the trash out and made the sammiches! Kitchen is closed for the day.

The wife
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have already took the trash out and made the sammiches! Kitchen is closed for the day.

The wife

And we're off..........................

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Someone please insert the "Don't know if serious" meme here.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The wife

Yes, I am definitely tagging this thread now.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back in the kitchen.

I'm busy holding down the couch.  

Suit yourself.  In the meantime, I'll be here in my recliner eating bon-bons and flirting with assholes on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The wife

So that means we'll be talking the rest of the night?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The wife

Yes, I am definitely tagging this thread now.

It's like deja vu all over again    

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Be certain to have her post a thread saying that AR wasn't used in Sandy Hook.  That'll get her a warm reception here.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top