Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:18:01 AM EST
The wife and I went the city to do some shopping. We finished the shopping had a late lunch and decided to visit the local Chevy dealer and look at a new Camaro. They had two SS Camaro's on the lot but both were sold. They have a 17 names on the waiting list and no firm time line for delivery. We thanked them for their time got in our car and left. We pulled up to the roadway and on a whim I said "lets go look at a new Mustang". We drove directly across the street to the Ford dealer (with the Chevy salesman watching us) and parked. My wife spied a 2009 Vista Blue Mustang GT marked at 32,899 down from $40,188. We located a salesman got the keys and took it for a test drive. The rest was history she traded in her S2000 and we are now the owners of a 2009 Mustang GT.

When I popped the hood and found a Roush Super Charger. There is nothing like the whine of a Super Charger at 140mph
Best thing is there is nothing on the exterior of the car to indicate it has received the Roush treatment

A rear shot of the Stang , the Beemer and my covered 74 Javelin.

The S2000 that the dealer is coming to pick up tomorrow. I will miss this car. It was a kick in the ass to drive.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:20:24 AM EST
Nice! You're right, there's nothing like the whine of a supercharger at full throttle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:04 AM EST
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:23 AM EST
sweet car. Nice job supporting Ford. My wife told me all other car companies here in the U.S. are dead to us.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:22:30 AM EST
Fuggin A, man!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:25:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 7:29:57 AM EST by Bluewaterheaven]
Just wanted to add in there, that there is now a Second Main Stream U.S. company.... Saturn, owned by Penske Auto group
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:27:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bluewaterheaven:
Just wanted to add in there, that there is now a Second Main Stream U.S. company.... Saturn

Who owns Saturn?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:28:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 7:28:52 AM EST by LCPL4ever]

Just wanted to add in there, that there is now a Second Main Stream U.S. company.... Saturn

Owned by GM I thought....beautiful cars but no thanks*

*If owned my GM, I really want a SKY

Awesome buy OP, that supercharged Mustang looks great
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:

Who owns Saturn?

Penske Automotive group now, they just Bought Saturn from GM
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:29:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By LCPL4ever:

Owned by GM I thought....beautiful cars but no thanks*

*If owned my GM, I really want a SKY

Awesome buy OP, that supercharged Mustang looks great

GM Sold them To Penske Automotive

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:30:13 AM EST
That's good to hear. I hope they do well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:30:18 AM EST
Saw one of the new Camaros out on the road this morning - not impressed.

The Mustang was done right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:31:17 AM EST
you bougt a car without looking under th hood??

turn in man card.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:32:34 AM EST

Who owns Saturn?

Roger just bought em.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:32:37 AM EST
Thats pretty awesome, I looked at the new Challenger and the sales guy wouldnt budge off the sticker. I like the idea of a super charged Mustang. Your right, theres nothing like the sound of super charged engine, reminds me of The Road Warrior when he kicks that thing on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:34:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Merrell:

I really like the new Camaro but GM is dicking around too much with getting them out to the general public.

We got a screaming deal on the Stang. I've never been much of a Ford person but I have to say that the Fit and Finish of this Stang is every bit as good or better then my Beemer and the S2000. It also has a shit load of standard features and the info center is way better then my Beemers. It is a WIN in my book.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:37:20 AM EST
Tag to learn more about how you discovered a supercharger on a brand new GT...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:38:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cleatus:

turn in man card.

Actually I test drove it and as soon as I got on the freeway and opened it up I could hear the Super Charger whining. When I got back to the dealer I opened the hood to confirm it was Super Charged. [ I don't know how they made any money on the sale as the Roush Super Charger is 7k online as I post this.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:42:23 AM EST
That right there my friend is a nice looking car......good choice!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:23 AM EST
Wow, nice ride.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:23 AM EST
even sweeter is it covered by their warranty!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:54 AM EST
next, spend some $$ on a driveway to park all those sweet cars!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:48:53 AM EST
next, spend some $$ on a driveway to park all those sweet cars!!!

It will happen in the future, first I have to finish the block work on the addition in the back yard.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:50:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 7:54:39 AM EST by DrFrige]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:51:01 AM EST

turn in man card.

Actually I test drove it and as soon as I got on the freeway and opened it up I could hear the Super Charger whining. When I got back to the dealer I opened the hood to confirm it was Super Charged. [ I don't know how they made any money on the sale as the Roush Super Charger is 7k online as I post this.

Pic of the spec sheet?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:51:11 AM EST
Supercharger whine on a V8, brb fapping.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:55:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 7:57:18 AM EST by DamascusKnifemaker]
I clicked on the wrong quote but DR Fridge read all my posts and I get to keep my man card
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:00:25 AM EST
Is at the GT500 ? I see that with msrp at $46,325.00 on their website . http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/models/
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:03:14 AM EST
I have a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. I love it. It is a total blast. Not as fast as a supercharged GT, but it does have 3.73 rear end. The handling changes Ford did were great.

Then again, I could add a supercharger, but you got a much better deal on the money.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:03:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 8:10:30 AM EST by southpaw67]
SWEET!

Would love that in Ford F1 red to match my truck
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:08:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By tyman:

turn in man card.

Pic of the spec sheet?

401420 Spec Sheet

I do see that Roush sells it for 5K which is cheeper than the 7K price tag I found earlier.

Originally Posted By HDRnR:
Is at the GT500 ? I see that with msrp at $46,325.00 on their website . http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/models/

No not the GT 500, dealer installed super charger. It is a 45 Annivesary Edition.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:08:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By Merrell:

I really like the new Camaro but GM is dicking around too much with getting them out to the general public.

We got a screaming deal on the Stang. I've never been much of a Ford person but I have to say that the Fit and Finish of this Stang is every bit as good or better then my Beemer and the S2000. It also has a shit load of standard features and the info center is way better then my Beemers. It is a WIN in my book.

I was at a GM dealership and asked to see a Camaro. I was told I'd have to wait for a customer's car and then if I ordered one for myself would wait about 6 months for it. It's a good thing I don't want to buy one.

If I had to buy a car right now, it would probably be a Ford of some kind. I'm a repeat GM buyer, but I don't want a government backed company.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:13:44 AM EST

Sweet ride!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:25:05 AM EST
What kind of dogs are those?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:30:35 AM EST
The dog with his head showing is 1/2 lab 1/2 GSD. He is loyal as hell but dumber then a box of rocks. I also expect to find him dead any day now as he is 16 years old and his age is really showing. The dog with her ass showing is 1/2 lab and 1/2 red healer. She is 15 years old and lives for 3 thing, eating, sleeping and fetching a ball. She can't fetch all that well any longer because she is 15 years old and her hips are going out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:12:11 AM EST
Make sure you honk every time you drive by the Chevy dealership.

-K
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:14:53 AM EST

turn in man card.

Pic of the spec sheet?

401420 Spec Sheet

I do see that Roush sells it for 5K which is cheeper than the 7K price tag I found earlier.

No not the GT 500, dealer installed super charger. It is a 45 Annivesary Edition.

For the car, weirdo.....not the s/c.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:21:23 AM EST
NICE CAR!!..........Now whats under the Car Cover?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:29:34 AM EST

Who owns Saturn?

Penske Automotive group now, they just Bought Saturn from GM

Sweet...I was hoping that the nameplate would be kept alive......................Saturns...the car I work on the least.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:35:18 AM EST
I was gonna say to paid to much for an 09GT, but then I saw the supercharged part.
good buy, but I think I would have bought the '10 instead.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:36:33 AM EST
Whaaa (shift) whaaaaaaaa (shift) whaaaaaaaaaaaa (shift) Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (shift)

Nice car!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:06:33 PM EST

turn in man card.

Pic of the spec sheet?

401420 Spec Sheet

For the car, weirdo.....not the s/c.

Okay specs for the car:

Base Specs for GT

Then the below options were added:

4.6L 3V OHC V8 base engine with Roush Super Charger added brings power to 435 hp and 418 ft/lbs torque

5 speed manual transmission

GT Package appearance with rear spoiler and hood scoop, leather heated seats, CD in dash unit, ambient lighting, Sirus radio, 17" Aluminum wheels, Interior upgrade package, Shaker 1000 Stereo upgrade,

Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
I was gonna say to paid to much for an 09GT, but then I saw the supercharged part.
good buy, but I think I would have bought the '10 instead.

They only had one '10 on the floor, a sorta powder ble Roush convertable with everything. IIRC it was over 48K they also had some GT500s and some Shelbys all deep into the 40ks. I'm happy with the deal we got. The sticker was 31,285 before the super charger and some other dealer add-ons,

Originally Posted By 134thSIGNAL:
NICE CAR!!..........Now whats under the Car Cover?

I've posted this before but here is the car under the cover once again

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:35:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By nationwide:
Fuggin A, man!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:31:10 PM EST
Good job! I was a Chrysler Guy since 1970. Drove 'em, raced 'em, I bled Dodge Red and Plymouth Blue. Just some of them.....1964 Plymouth Savoy, 1969 Roadrunner 440 Auto, 1970 Challenger 440+6 4-speed, 1970 Challenger 340+6 T/A, 1968 GTX 440 Auto, 1976 Dodge Ram (then the dark GM days, I didn't want to drive a Volare or Minivan), then a 1984 Shelby Charger, 1986 Dodge Daytona,1994 Dodge Ram, 1998 Dodge Ram, and 2001 Dodge Intrepid. I got screwed over so bad by the local Dodge Dealer (the asshole that's been in the news, George Joseph and Sunshine Dodge in Melbourne, Florida) that I went Ford F-150 in 2006. Right now I have a 2007 F-150.

I was kinda waiting for the new Challengers to come out, and I still might buy one after the first of the year (SRT, of course), but I just might have to go with a new Mustang, due to the shit that's been happening and the fact that Ford makes a damn-fine vehicle. It'll be Ford trucks from now on. I give 'em a lot of credit for not caving-in to the "free money" shit from the gooberment and basically telling them to go fuck themselves. That's the kind of AMERICAN company I'll support. Plus, you can buy a whole bunch of way-cool shit for them from Roush. It's like aftermarket parts with a Ford warranty.

I like the idea that you have to do a double-take in your rear-view mirror when a Mustang or Challenger comes up from behind to see if it's a new or old one. Sorry, but the Camaro looks just like all the other plastic generic-mobiles out there. I saw one up close a few days ago, and the thing looks CHEAP. Bad (horrible?) fit and finish, everything looks, and probably is plastic, just not impressive at all......a low $20's car, max.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:34:23 PM EST
I was wondering who in their right mind would pay that much for a plain mustang GT....

then you got to the s/c part.
well played
Top Top