Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2003 5:18:51 PM EDT
My wife is a clutz big time.  She walks into things, breaking toe and finger nails often.  She bumps into doorknobs.  I've watched her shut a car door on her own head at least three times.  It's enough that a stranger would think she is freaking blind or drunk.  Appearantly she just refuses to learn that not paying attention can hurt.

So she just called to say she had fallen down some stairs.  I ask how bad, she says ankle sprain, possibly fractured.  Lots of scrapes.  I tell her she's lucky her laziness did nor put her in a wheelchair and to bring me some supper on her way home.  So she's pissed again.

Maybe this is the wake up call she needs.  I hope so.  Is anybody else here this accident prone?  One of these days I'm gonna have to take her to the ER and they're gonna think I beat her.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  What you tell her to make her happy and what you are secretly thinking are always different things.  Just reverse them and you are all set

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is she blonde?  Not that you give a rat's ass...

[rofl2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Last year, I called the fat pig at Jack in the Box a total frigging retard and she cried.  She got a two item order wrong, I mean damn, they are in different colored wrappers even.  I am not very tolerant of stupid, fat, lazy and I do not cower from gangsta wannabes at the mall.  I dated a woman that said I needed to,"understand how hard it is to be a retard or a deprived punk in a gang" and be nicer to them.

I open doors for women, help old ladies with their bags, give a dollar to the old vets raffle.  I buy wrapping paper from kids that come to the door, they say the little sales pitch and I buy one of something.  I call owners of lost dogs(except pitbulls) and I say thanks to the garbage and mailman.

But the lazy, drunken or dope smoking, fat/slovenly, stupid and rude of the world, get to enjoy the snide comments and looks they have earned.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Last year, I called the fat pig at Jack in the Box a total frigging retard and she cried.  She got a two item order wrong, I mean damn, they are in different colored wrappers even.  I am not very tolerant of stupid, fat, lazy and I do not cower from gangsta wannabes at the mall.  I dated a woman that said I needed to,"understand how hard it is to be a retard or a deprived punk in a gang" and be nicer to them.

I open doors for women, help old ladies with their bags, give a dollar to the old vets raffle.  I buy wrapping paper from kids that come to the door, they say the little sales pitch and I buy one of something.  I call owners of lost dogs(except pitbulls) and I say thanks to the garbage and mailman.

But the lazy, drunken or dope smoking, fat/slovenly, stupid and rude of the world, get to enjoy the snide comments and looks they have earned.
View Quote

Me thinks we were cut from the same mold.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with ya 100%...

...but what does that say about Homer's wife...?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Some folks say there is no such thing as an accident. Perhaps she just wants some attention.
That would be your job.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Homer and ComputerGuy sitting in a tree ....
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
My Mother-in-law was exactly like that.  She was known for constantly tripping, bumping into things, falling down and my Father-in-law was constantly on her case about it.  She was later diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.  As it turns out, many MS patients always considered themselves to be clumsy but it was in fact, the disease starting to show itself as it progressed.

I'm not trying to scare you but it is a possibility that you might want to consider or even check.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW!!!

I bet your wife just loves all that fucking support you are giving her.  Instead of actually showing you care about her you insult here when she gets hurt.  How nice.

SGtar15

PS Get a divorce lawyer now, she won't put up with being treated like that for long.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
If you married a goofy woman, you better be nicer to her.  If she is stumbling around for attention maybe that should be addressed in another forum.  I am speaking about a segment of society in general.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife is a clutz big time.  ...  I've watched her shut a car door on her own head at least three times.  ...
View Quote

That's freakin' hilarious!!!! [}:D]

might wanna look into that MS testing though - so you can laugh with a clear conscience.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
She's not blonde, or fat, and is very intelligent.  She has always been an honor roll/head of the class type with minimal effort and almost no studying.  She's a nurse that recently graduated.  If you don't know, nursing school tends to make people hypochondriacs.  If she has MS or something I think she would have investigated as thouroughly as she did all her other imagined ailments.

It's just that when she walks she doesn't do it with purpose, head held high and all.  It looks like she puts out just enough exertion to put the next foot out in front of her and let her weight slam down on her skeleton.  Her swagger or whatever must be hard on her joints and skeleton.  That and she refusesw to wear lace up shoes.  Always some flip flops or other slip on crap.

The last thing I want to do is reinforce her clumsiness by giving her lots of attention.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My wife is a clutz big time.......................  
So she just called to say she had fallen down some stairs.  I ask how bad, she says ankle sprain, possibly fractured.  Lots of scrapes.  [red]I tell her she's lucky her laziness did nor put her in a wheelchair and to bring me some supper on her way home[/red].  So she's pissed again.

Maybe this is the wake up call she needs.  I hope so.  Is anybody else here this accident prone?  One of these days I'm gonna have to take her to the ER and they're gonna think I beat her.
View Quote

Is the little woman, by any chance a firearm, or KNIFE enthusiast??   [:P]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
She has a Taurus .357 hammerless revolver, and doesn't whimp out and practice with .38.  I bought it for her to protect herself with.  She prefers to shoot 325 grain with the Desert Eagle .44.  That was our first date.

I got her a pen knife for walking through the parking garage where she works.  She couldn't care less about it though.  She is 6' tall and hits harder than any girl I've ever seen.  Fought with her siblings a lot growing up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, in that case you better hope she bumps into the bed or drops the knife so you wake up in time when she comes for your dick at oh dark thirty.

Edited because the r and the t are really close together on a keyboard.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
How in the hell does one [i]close their own head in a car door[/i]?

I'm still laughing about that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife and mother in law are both very clumsy...MIL is worse though.  But, my wife is a part time instuctor for a local Krav Maga buisness and currently has her orange belt in the discipline.  I think her clumsyness usually is the result of soreness or lethargy after a workout.  She is however 5'2" tops the scale at 150lbs, and kicks so hard on a heavy bag that it jars my teeth. Her damn legs are bigger than my waist!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF does being fat have to do with anything? I know many fat people, who can and do, work skinny people under the table. They have better work ethics than skinny people. And, what makes you so fucking perfect to think you can make snide and rude comments to anyone? It's one thing to not like the service and comment about it, but to belittle someone to tears is just fucked up...Hope you felt better..Don't be shocked if someone doesn't blow their nose in your hamburger next time...mmmm..mmmm..good!

And to stay on topic, to quote Major Paine "You want sympathy? Go look in the dictonary. It's between shit and syphillis."

My wife isn't clumsy, she just can't pronounce anything. Living in Arizona there are a lot of Indian and Spanish words and she always messes them up when she trys to pronounce them. It's always "What did you just say?" Then I laugh and then I get punched in the arm or called an asshole....
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
WTF does being fat have to do with anything? I know many fat people, who can and do, work skinny people under the table. They have better work ethics than skinny people. And, what makes you so fucking perfect to think you can make snide and rude comments to anyone? It's one thing to not like the service and comment about it, but to belittle someone to tears is just fucked up...Hope you felt better..Don't be shocked if someone doesn't blow their nose in your hamburger next time...mmmm..mmmm..good!
View Quote

Well, since lazy was brought up, and fat=lazy...
I fail to see why this is so difficult for some to understand.
Incidentally, doing a ton of typing, or paperwork, or mcrib selling, does not mean you aren't lazy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread made me think of "The Breakfast Club".

Shut up BITCH, go fix me a turkey potpie!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My wife and mother in law are both very clumsy...MIL is worse though.  But, my wife is a part time instuctor for a local Krav Maga buisness and currently has her orange belt in the discipline.  I think her clumsyness usually is the result of soreness or lethargy after a workout.  She is however 5'2" tops the scale at 150lbs, and kicks so hard on a heavy bag that it jars my teeth.[red] Her damn legs are bigger than my waist![/red]
View Quote

Atkins.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Incidentally, doing a ton of typing, or paperwork, or mcrib selling, does not mean you aren't lazy.
View Quote

neither does being fat mean that you are lazy.  
Doesnt take many brain cells to believe in stereotypes, does it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

neither does being fat mean that you are lazy.  
Doesnt take many brain cells to believe in stereotypes, does it?
View Quote

Stereotypes huh?
More blacks are in jail per capita than whites.
More hispanics are here illegaly than whites.
Asians tend to have jobs in the math/science areas.
Fat people are lazy.

Stereotypes?  Sure, but it's still true.  No matter how much feel-good bullshit you throw at it, it's still the truth.  Why is it that in our society today truth has become an insult?

I haven't met a fat person yet that isn't lazy.  Shit, many of them admit it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Stereotypes huh?
Fat people are lazy.

Stereotypes?  Sure, but it's still true.  No matter how much feel-good bullshit you throw at it, it's still the truth.  Why is it that in our society today truth has become an insult?

View Quote

Your other examples you list could be derived from actual hard data counts so they are not stereotypes.  Fat people are lazy can not. Just like saying all southern whites are backwater hicks or all Californians are vegetable eatting liberals.

edit:
The reason your fat=lazy statement is a stereotype is because you infer it to all fat people. You have no way to prove this as fact but only upon your opinion which is not based on any measureable value.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey HSimpson, I know where of you speak. My wife hurts her self so often doing regular stuff, that I don't even ask what happened anymore when I hear her yipe. It is usually just not think about anything but the end results of what she is trying to accomplish that cause her to be,... I don't know, careless I guess.
Any way we have been married almost 13 years, & I have become numb to the yiping from self inflicted pain sound. It is hard to remain sympathetic to someone who never seems to learn from past mistooks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Stereotypes?  Sure, but it's still true.  No matter how much feel-good bullshit you throw at it, it's still the truth.  [size=4]Why is it that in our society today truth has become an insult?[/size=4]
View Quote

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this. I wonder if anyone has an answer??
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stereotypes huh?
Fat people are lazy.

View Quote

Your other examples you list could be derived from actual hard data counts so they are not stereotypes.  Fat people are lazy can not. Just like saying all southern whites are backwater hicks or all Californians are vegetable eatting liberals.

edit:
The reason your fat=lazy statement is a stereotype is because you infer it to all fat people. You have no way to prove this as fact but only upon your opinion which is not based on any measureable value.
View Quote

As far as any individual is concerned, if your experience doesn't equal fact to you, then you're fucked up.  You touch the stove, it's hot, you don't touch the stove again.  I haven't met a fat person yet that isn't lazy.  Same thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Norman74

One flaw in your logic is that you are assuming that a person became fat BECAUSE they were lazy.

If you had an extra 50 or so lbs on you, you probably wouldn't be running wind sprints up and down the stairs either.

While it's true that some people have extra poundage due to their sedentary lifestyle, others may be overweight due to hormonal imbalances, medication, injuries, etc.

FWIW, I'm not fat, just trying to show the false assumptions in your logic.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like you're really in love with your wife.................[rolleyes]

I don't care how many times my wife hurt herself I will ALWAYS be or at the very least act concerned for her safety.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Back to the topic:

1) How the hell do you shut your head in a car door?

2)  Was it three different times or three times in a row?

3)  Do you have good health insurance, and have your rates risen lately?

My ex wasn't particularly accident prone but was the biggest wuss I've ever encountered.  She had a storm door hit her achilles and put on a show that I wish I had on tape.

BTW fat does not always = lazy, but lazy definitely contributes to fat.  *think about it*
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
While it's true that some people have extra poundage due to their sedentary lifestyle, others may be overweight due to hormonal imbalances, medication, injuries, etc.
View Quote

I have heard this so many times...
I really would love to see some kind of data on percentage of obese people that are that way due to those reasons.  I don't think it's very high.  No flame intended, just curious.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't mind the fat in general, it's the ones that bitch about being fat and say they've tried everything to lose weight... except working out and dieting.  It's bullshit these people that turn to gastric bypass because they can't stick to a diet.  Guess what, if you lose the weight with a stomache made surgicly smaller maybe you coulda lost that weight by eating less and working out instead of spending $30,000.00+ on surgery you fat lazy bastard!

Al Rocher makes me sick.
hijack over.

I'm pretty clutsy sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#34]
One of these days, homer is going to Slam his head in a car door or bang his finger with a hammer or slip on the ice...

And his old lady is going to laugh at his silly behind for a week.

I know this to be so, because Ladyloathing does this to me all the time.

She's standing behind me laughing at Homer right this very second.

She knows the truth about men and powertools, she's watched me fix a car.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I think that the type of behavior that Homer describes is self destructive and is compensating for something lacking in the relationship.  If behavior is bizarre and repetitive you can be fairly sure of this unless it is some MS problem.  Either way you need to consider that she may be seeking a little more affection, attention, caring or whatever and the advice to be affectionate, attentive etc. is likely given with some experience to back it up.  Deny it at your peril.  It won't get better the way you are approaching it.  If it doesn't and you've been sympathetic, kind and caring you at least will not feel guilty about anything other than being ........caring, sympathetic and kind,......instead of the opposite.  Sure, it may run counter to your logic but results are what you are after.

I heard Dr. Laura comment on something like this.  A man was complaining that his wife wanted some input on what she wore and he couldn't give any because he said he often didn't like the item and didn't want to say so or simply didn't care.  She told him to suck it up and "care" and find something good to say even if it was a little white lie.  

Honestly I've found myself in this situation lately with a lot of decisions on a home re-model.  It is the wife's family's home and sometimes I find it trying to care about all the choices and want to leave a lot of it up to her.  If I had my way we'd build a new house.  Anyway, after all the looking for one item we ended up with WHITE TILE.  So I have to drum up a little enthusiasm once in a while or the relationship suffers a little down time.  Try not to get in a rut of behavior that perpetuates bad conditions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

4'11" 350lbs. What are you going to do about it?

Hey, Charles Atlas, how about posting a picture of yourself? I bet you have all kinds of flaws that everyone here could make stereotypical judgements about.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I think he might be coming over to par-boil you with some fava beans.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, Charles Atlas, how about posting a picture of yourself? I bet you have all kinds of flaws that everyone here could make stereotypical judgements about.
View Quote

Don't they say it's the ones with the small penis' that feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better about their "shortcomings"? (Stereotypes aside of course)
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Don't they say it's the ones with the small penis' that feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better about their "shortcomings"? (Stereotypes aside of course)
View Quote

..and those that are constantly bringing up other's penis size have a rather unatural fixaction with dicks.
BTW, small or large, thick or thin, at least I have seen it lately, which is more than I can say for most of the fat lazy fucks I see waddling out of the Dunkin' Donuts across the street.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

..and those that are constantly bringing up other's penis size have a rather unatural fixaction with dicks.
[red]BTW, small or large, thick or thin, at least I have seen it lately, which is more than I can say for most of the fat lazy fucks I see waddling out of the Dunkin' Donuts across the street.[/red]
View Quote

[rofl2] LMAO!

Nice stories, people. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Imbro!!! Are you a giant bowling ball???!! [:D]

View Quote

Speaking of Atlas, d' you remember those old comic ads with the kid on the beach with his girl??
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure the wife loves the fact that her husband doesn't seem to give a crap about her.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I missed my rebuttal to AZredneck yesterday, so here we go.  

What does fat have to do with fat and lazy??  Thats easy, fat and lazy go hand in hand.  For every tub of guts with a "gland problem" there are 99 more with a "shoveling chow in their mouth till they explode problem".  No matter how many hard working fat guys you happen to know, fat bastards in general are in worse shape and are less productive than the rest of us.  When you hit the trifecta of uselessness, you are FAT, LAZY and STUPID, you are not entitled to any compassion from the rest of us.  It's not my fault and I do not see why I should adjust my expectations down to your already low level.  If you are so stupid you cannot fill orders at Jack in the Box, people get to be rude to you.

We could all sit and nitpick each other, I could loose 20 pounds and you could grow your 3" penis a little longer  but that does not change the fact that those of us with jobs, decent educations and reasonable fitness levels have to tolerate poor service from people who are some combination of fat,lazy and stupid.  We dont have to like it and we do not have to feel sorry for somebody to lazy, fat and stupid to get a decent education and a decent job.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm a little "big" myself. Look at my sisters, mother , and my aunts, you'll see the same short and rather round people common to my area of Italy ancestory (sp?).

Go to your local Wally-World Super Center and see all of the spam sucking trailer trash fatties (probably on one of those electric scooters) and all of their fat chirrin with cart full of sodas, twinkies, potato chips, etc., THEN talk about lazy. Sorry guys sterotypes are a fact not fiction.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Not that anybody cares, but here is my take on this:

HSimpson< I have seen your t>V> SHOW AND YOU ARE LACKING IN SYMPATHY> BADLY>

A F*****D UP KEYBOARD THAT DOESN"T ALLOW THE SHIFT BUTTON TO WORK< WITHOURT SHUTRTING DOWN THE COMPUTER< TRULY SUCKS>

PLEASE FORGIVE THE SHOUTING< IT IS NOT INTENTIONAL< I GUA_RON TEE>

IF I WASN"T DRUNK AT THE CURRENT TIME< I WOULD CANCEL THIS POST< DUE TO CAPS PROBLEMS>
BUT I AM DRUNK SO I SHALL SUBMIT THIS ANYWAY>
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

BTW, small or large, thick or thin, at least I have seen it lately, which is more than I can say for most of the fat lazy fucks I see waddling out of the Dunkin' Donuts across the street.
View Quote

Hey, you live near a POLICE STATION BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...sorry, just couldn't resist that.  I feel better now! [:d]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Believe it or not this dunkin appears to be the local LE hangout.  I have seen as many as 5 cop cars parked there.  I'll have to try to get a pic of it next time and post it.

Hey, you live near a POLICE STATION BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...sorry, just couldn't resist that.  I feel better now! [:d]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#50]
BTT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top