Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 6:16:31 PM EDT
Today I have decided to clean the garage and have used the leaf blower...By accident I have put off the pilot  at the water heater (gas and has a safety feature).
Wife comes home and decided to take a shower...Just enough WARM water to get the soap and shampoo going... the rest of the shower was COLD water. I went in the garage and quietly restarted the water heater. She is suspecting something but I have denied the whole thing. She is pissed off at me...need help!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Remind her to be thankful she has a roof over her head and running water.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
View Quote

I second that!

I just want to add that if your water heater is in the garage it should be at least 18 inches off of the floor. This is so that the fumes from the paint and gasoline that are normaly kept in a garage that are heavier than air don't settle and get ignited by the pilot light. Trust me on this, I work for a gas company.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I'd have to go with GF on this one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Wife cold?  Take her mind of the cold water and warm her up at the same time!  Tell the next time she gets cold, just let you know!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
To keep harmony in the home it is better not to tell her to "just deal with it". Try some empathy: "Boy, honey, I understand how you feel. Cold showers really are a bummer." And then just let it blow over.

Or, you could come clean and catch a little wrath, but that will blow over soon too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
View Quote

In the famous words of Richard Nixon: "Deny it!Even if they have pictures, deny it!"
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
put a K-pot on her, and have her go out back and shower off with your garden hose. Then Remind her that there are people out there, spending Christmas in a hostile, foreign land with much more important things to worry about than hot water.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To keep harmony in the home it is better not to tell her to "just deal with it". Try some empathy: "Boy, honey, I understand how you feel. Cold showers really are a bummer." And then just let it blow over.

Or, you could come clean and catch a little wrath, but that will blow over soon too.
View Quote

Don't forget to hand her your pants when you use those lines.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
View Quote

Can't say it any better[:)]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
tell her you are in charge of the house and not to question you when you accidentally turn off that friggin pilot light for the nth time.

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Just be thankful she did not come after you with the sissors like the other guy's wife did.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Next time she takes a shower, dump a bucket of ice water on her.  Then refer back to the incident which occured today and calmly explain to her that no matter how bad things can seem at the time, it can always get worse.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell her you screwed up, and apologize for lying. Not like it will be big news to her.

Then stop lying to her.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Depends on the kind of wife you have... Mine wouldn't give a shit. HOWEVER having been married before, I would recommend telling her the following. "I was cleaning the garage using the leaf blower and it must have caused the pilot light on the water heater to go out. It shouldn't have though, I've done the same thing a million times. So I contacted the gas company and they said that the PSI in the gas lines have been running about 40% lower lately due to excess strain on the system caused by the abnormally cold weather." Good luck buddy!

[x]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yeah...that's what marriage counseling does for ya.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Shouldn't your wife have been using the leaf blower while your enjoying your much deserved evening away from working?
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Just ask her why she used up all the hot water....

Then run.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
View Quote

Can't say it any better[:)]
View Quote

Ed Zachary
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yeah...that's what marriage counseling does for ya.
View Quote

Well at least you have someone around to get old with.  I'll be single for life.  It has it's ups and downs.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#23]
This is a very odd thread. My thoughts are this:

You are possibly trolling.

You are VERY bored to bother posting this.

Its odd that your wife would get pissed enough at you over somthing this trivial that you would feel the need to bother posting about it .

Its very odd that you would deny what happened...you were fucking cleaning the house for goodness sake how can she be mad about that?

If the same thing happened to me my wife would not be pissed...she would be concerned that somthing was wrong and would probably figure it out on her own and re-light the pilot. If she did get pissed for some reason I would think that she had completely lost it and explain to her that she could get glad in the same pants that she got mad in. My wife is used to that...I dont beat around the bush. She loves me anyway. [;)]

Oh, and lol...you cleaned out the garage with a leaf blower...Ill remember that...yet another reason I need a leaf blower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#24]
That's OK. She poured a pitcher of ice-cold water on me when I took a shower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Boy, that brings back some ghosts for me.

Of course I'm single now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Time to pull out the psy-ops.  Go to any little arrangement of curios she has around the house and make some adjustments.  Different positions, different orders and the like.

Flatly deny any knowledge...look at her like she's crazy.

She'll be a babbling idiot soon enough.

If that doesn't work?  Go nuclear.  Dutch oven time!!!

Quoted:
That's OK. She poured a pitcher of ice-cold water on me when I took a shower.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Water heaters belong in a storage space inside the house, not in the garage!
Same goes for heaters.

I lived in Military housing, when they remodeled the houses the put the water heater and the gas forced air heaters in the garage.
in one house one of the adults had knocked into the return air plenum and had broken the seal. When the father went to work in the morning he would let his car idle in the garage for 10 minutes. Over a period of 14 days he had poisened his family to the point where they had to take the kids to a hospital.
Same housing units about three months later, "BillyBob" was cleaning some of his cars parts in a pan with gasoline. In the garage was the water heater and the forced air furnace.
The water heaters have automatic igniters when the water temp goes below a set point. BillyBob had just opened the side garage door to get some fresh air when the water heater went on. click-click-click-KABOOOB!
One fried BillyBob, one destroyed garage.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
View Quote

I second that!

I just want to add that if your water heater is in the garage it should be at least 18 inches off of the floor. This is so that the fumes from the paint and gasoline that are normaly kept in a garage that are heavier than air don't settle and get ignited by the pilot light. Trust me on this, I work for a gas company.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Get a copy of the History Channel series on BUDS training, and show her what the SEALs have to put up with.  Try to make her feel guilty.

Whenever my wife pulls this kind of crap, I remind her that when we first met she was real nice to me, and would do anything to please me.  Man, those days are gone foreever.  [:(]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Isn't this the same guy that called the marines a DUMB ASS?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:30:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top