Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2010 7:38:51 AM EDT
my AR-15.  I forgot to close the dust cover and some carbon/oil stuff got on her pillow case.

The pillow case is pink.  Should I do anything to the stain before I put it in the washer?

Can I use bleach even if it is pink?

Remember folks.  This is not GD.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
oxyclean

thanks for the warning I had my wise ass answers ready to roll
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Will pick up oxiclean from walmart this evening.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Goo-gone or one of the other similar solvents is a must-have to remove just about anything from laundry.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

oxyclean

Probably not. Shit works wonders for setting stains, though. People bring me shit all the time with grease/oil on it and the oxyclean they used just oxidized the oil and turned it yellow. At that point there isn't much I can do.

Link Posted: 6/17/2010 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Lemon juice.  Works on oil, put it in the wash with the pillow case.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#6]
go to the local bed bath and beyond or TJ MAX and buy her a new sheet set at least 800 thread count or MORE,,have it ready as a back up plan, DO NOT buy new sheets and put them on the bed while throwing OUT THE OLD ONES

trust me,,, wife #2 NEVER bought that story,,and it was an accident....not a dalliance...

goo gone gets my vote as well..
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I have goo gone.  Will try it tonight.  She just bought this pillow cover before she left and believe it or not, these things matter to her.  Gotta keep her happy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Goop hand cleaner. Rub it into the oil stain and don't be stingy with it. Then aftera hour or two wash it in cold water.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Spray-n-Wash "Stain Stick".  Looks like a giant, fluorescent green tube of Chapstick or deodorant, depending on the size you buy.  Works very well on many oily stains.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
If all else fails.....

When you talk to her on the phone say "I'm an ass and I got some funk from my AR on the damn pillow case!!". Ask her what to take it out with. If it does not come out, either you are going to sleep with the stained pillow case OR you can ask her where she got it and get another.

I've found truth goes a long way in this thing we call life.
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Fess up!  Then buy her a new pillow case.  If she's like me, she'll get a good laugh at your expense, and that is priceless.  Then again, if she's like me, she'll buy her pillow cases at garage sales so she can get those cozy worn out high quality ones for 50 cents...  the kind my family fights for.  I have a hard time getting them to stay in MY spot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Spray and Wash Max Stain Stick.  Not the SPray and wash spray in a bottle it looks like a deodrant stick.  So far it has gotten everything out.  Even when oil leaked out of an air compressor onto the carpet in the back of my expedition. I stain sticked and came back in the 30 minutes with a brush and cold water.  Its gone not even a mark left to show where it was.
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Just say "I need to buy you a new pillow case; I stained yours while you were gone."

Link Posted: 6/20/2010 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Either Hopps No. 9, or CLP to remove gun oil/grease.

hope that helps.

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Just turn it over.

Seriously though, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Am I the only one who just started rewriting the words to a certain David Allen Coe song in her head?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top