Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 1:13:27 AM EDT
A San Francisco woman whose husband and two sons were gunned down last month — allegedly by an illegal immigrant who remained in the city despite previous crimes — is demanding the city do something about its sanctuary law.

Danielle Bologna was widowed on June 22 when Edwin Ramos, 21, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, allegedly gunned down her husband, Anthony, and two sons, Matthew and Michael, in a road rage incident when her family was returning from a picnic.

Ramos has been charged with three counts of murder in the case, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"It was a senseless crime, and had they done something this animal would not have taken my family," Bologna told FOX News on Monday. "I feel that the government should have stepped in. I feel that they allow these immigrants to come in and how dare they strip our families like this."

The Chronicle reported that Ramos was convicted of two gang-related felonies while a juvenile and remained in San Francisco because the Juvenile Probation Department did not alert federal authorities. San Francisco's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance prohibits city agencies from contacting the feds on immigration matters.

The newspaper also found that federal officials knew about Ramos' immigration status in March when he was arrested on a gun charge, though they couldn't tell the Chronicle why they didn't put an immigration hold on Ramos.

Bologna blames the city.

"It should have been resolved at the beginning, when this guy had done more than one crime in the city," she told FOX News. "I want justice. I want the people to see: If my family wasn’t safe, what makes you think yours will be?"

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
San Francisco's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance prohibits city agencies from contacting the feds on immigration matters.

What a pile of horseshit San Francisco is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
San Francisco's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance prohibits city agencies from contacting the feds on immigration matters.

Crows coming home to roost.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]
They will probably just pass some more gun laws in response to this shooting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ramos: MS-13 POS?

SF is reaping what they have sown.
Lets hope the mayor gets what he deserves.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I want the people to see: If my family wasn’t safe, what makes you think yours will be?"

My familia does not live in a hippy liberal shithole like SF.
Plus I carry a 10mm pistol under my shirt.
Sorry lady you are wrong on that thought.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
"Welcome to San Francisco.  Please take advantage of our Hugs for Thugs program."

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want the people to see: If my family wasn’t safe, what makes you think yours will be?"

You think illegals are only in "liberal shitholes?"

I hope she sues the city. I hope she gets MILLIONS. Maybe then someone will pull their head out of his ass and say, "unlawful border hopping will NOT be tolerated and we WILL deport your sorry ass."
RI's governor (R) is cracking down...story here
Yeah, RI is liberal...and Providence IS a shithole...
BUT they at least ATTEMPTED to contact immigration (which San Fran won't) who failed to re-act. This case will unfold differently than the San Fran case due to those policy differences...

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You think all cities have a statute that offers them refuge?  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
They should report all these criminal fucks to the goverment.

his ass should be lynched
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SF liberal ideology is what makes SF a shithole, not the illegals.
I throw Chicago, Boston, NYC into that pigeon hole too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SF liberal ideology is what makes SF a shithole, not the illegals.
I throw Chicago, Boston, NYC into that pigeon hole too.

My point is, Mr. Texas, I believe you have one or two illegals in your state as well. And I would HARDLY refer to TX as a "Liberal Shithole!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The difference with Texas is that the local government doesn't go out of it's way to make illegals special non-citizens and deny the INS the right to perform it's duties. Most liberal citys pander to illegals. Sick.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's absolutely right, since she's speaking to other families that live in that SF shithole.  Liberal "truth" tries to convince people that illegals are just peaceloving sweethearts, who need understanding and handouts.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Wonderif she voted in favor of them first untill this shit happened?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Or didn't vote at all..

I'm thinking that San Francisco conservatives have given up on the political process,.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A San Francisco woman whose husband and two sons were gunned down last month — allegedly by an illegal immigrant who remained in the city despite previous crimes — is demanding the city do something about its sanctuary law.

Bluntly, since illegal aliens have committed thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) of unspeakable crimes against other innocents and other families, why is she so special?

It was, I suppose, "acceptable" for illegals to murder, rape, steal, sexually assault, commit vehicular homicide while driving drunk, etc. as long as her family was spared.

Someone once said a liberal is a conservative that hasn't been robbed, attacked, raped or jackbooted by an uninterested government bureaucrat, etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#17]
In New York City, the policy of not reporting a person's immigration status to the feds had practical reasons; hard working Irish illegals were getting mugged on payday, and were afraid to report the crime, because they would be deported; so the native-born muggers stayed on the streets, free to commit crimes again. This started with Mayor Koch, and has been continued with every mayor to the present. However, if the illegal is charged with a crime, their immigration status will be reported.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope she sues the city. I hope she gets MILLIONS. Maybe then someone will pull their head out of his ass and say, "unlawful border hopping will NOT be tolerated and we WILL deport your sorry ass."
RI's governor (R) is cracking down...story here
Yeah, RI is liberal...and Providence IS a shithole...
BUT they at least ATTEMPTED to contact immigration (which San Fran won't) who failed to re-act. This case will unfold differently than the San Fran case due to those policy differences...

Since when does the original quote (in blue) or his response (in orange) have anything to do with illegals?

The original quote and his response are in regards to self protection and right to violently defend against thugs, which "liberal shitholes" tend to discourage and outlaw. I think his point is well taken.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#19]
It took something like this to get 1 person to get off their ass & speak out!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

No person would go to Wal-Mart and leave a giant bowl full of keys to their house sitting out for whomever wished to take one. Yet many of the same people who wouldn't do that with their home are essentially doing just that with their country.

You are sooo right. I was thinking about this thread as I exercised today and I came to the same conclusion: would you leave your front door open for them to move in? Of course not...yet, essentially you're doing just that.
Unfortunately, I think it's going to take MANY high-profile cases like this to turn the tide of thought....and by then, it may well be too late.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No person would go to Wal-Mart and leave a giant bowl full of keys to their house sitting out for whomever wished to take one. Yet many of the same people who wouldn't do that with their home are essentially doing just that with their country.

Sig line material
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a damn shame, too. Its a lovely city. Too many fuckin retards, though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a damn shame, too. Its a lovely city. Too many fuckin retards, though.

Yeah, not a reflection on the landscape, just the inhabitants who make the rules.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are sooo right. I was thinking about this thread as I exercised today and I came to the same conclusion: would you leave your front door open for them to move in? Of course not...yet, essentially you're doing just that.
Unfortunately, I think it's going to take MANY high-profile cases like this to turn the tide of thought....and by then, it may well be too late.

Or ONE raped senator's daughter, or ONE murdered congressman's son.

I'm waiting, and hoping.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

LOL.

The NRA's definition of "Conservative" is: "A liberal who just got mugged!"

Nuthin' like a dose of reality to open your eyes... IF you survive!

Bluntly, since illegal aliens have committed thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) of unspeakable crimes against other innocents and other families, why is she so special?

Perhaps the most important fact of this story is that it IS being reported! Newspapers are beginning to wise up!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top