Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2001 11:59:43 PM EST
I just registered at Widener's and found out that they want a copy of my drivers license on file before I can order. What do you guys think? Safe to do? Anybody white-out the number for security reasons, and will Widener's accept that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:15:45 AM EST
Just started this thread...and it first appears on page 4
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:17:04 AM EST
Yeah, time clock is off. Sending your info to Widners will be confidential. It is a cover their ass move incase you pull a columbine, they can prove they shipped to an adult and not a kid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:20:52 AM EST
Crook....I scanned my licence, saved it on my hardrive, and e-mailed them a copy. It's been about a year, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:58:35 AM EST
I have ordered from them for years. I think the drivers lic thing is just a CYA measure to keep them out of hot water in case a minor uses some of their products in a crime. They are straight-up to deal with, prompt to ship things and have pretty good prices. I got an RCBS master reloaders kit from them as a Christmas present for my father-in-law last year. They had the best price I could find, it was in stock and the price INCLUDED shipping to my happy disbelief. Finnbear
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:04:08 AM EST
Well the Feds already have your SSN and probably know the size of your underwear and how often you change it. The only worry would be a unscrupulous employee that wished to cash in on your accounts and/or create new ones using your SSN. But someone going through your trash can get that info too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 4:38:48 AM EST
We've got guys posting pics of their arsenals. Gov.com already knows what you have or can find out without too much trouble. I wouldn't worry about Widners.
Top Top