Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2001 12:59:43 AM EDT
I just registered at Widener's and found out that they want a copy of my drivers license on file before I can order.

What do you guys think?
Safe to do?
Anybody white-out the number for security reasons, and will Widener's accept that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Just started this thread...and it first appears on page 4  
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, time clock is off.  Sending your info to Widners will be confidential.  It is a cover their ass move incase you pull a columbine, they can prove they shipped to an adult and not a kid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Crook....I scanned my licence, saved it on my hardrive, and e-mailed them a copy. It's been about a year, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have ordered from them for years. I think the drivers lic thing is just a CYA measure to keep them out of hot water in case a minor uses some of their products in a crime. They are straight-up to deal with, prompt to ship things and have pretty good prices. I got an RCBS master reloaders kit from them as a Christmas present for my father-in-law last year. They had the best price I could find, it was in stock and the price INCLUDED shipping to my happy disbelief. Finnbear
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Well the Feds already have your SSN and probably know the size of your underwear and how often you change it.

The only worry would be a unscrupulous employee that wished to cash in on your accounts and/or create new ones using your SSN. But someone going through your trash can get that info too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
We've got guys posting pics of their arsenals.  Gov.com already knows what you have or can find out without too much trouble.  I wouldn't worry about Widners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top