Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:42:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 8:20:31 PM EST by R0933C]
This thread on an Islamic message board sums it up quite nicely. The second post in the thread is obviously the crux of what the average fundamentalist believes in - "I think the ones who die for Islam are automatically sent to Jannath, right? So do now be afraid when fighting for Islam!! In any way!"

This is the scariest mindset ever. Death in the name of Islam is rewarded with an eternity with allah.

If this were even half a century ago, when travel was not as easily accomplished, we could simply isolate ourselves and be safe. Modern travel, accompained by porous borders, has changed the equation.

I know I am probably preaching to the choir. but we are in for the fight of our lives. This can only be won by complete eradication of not only the primary practitioners of this radicalized nonsense, but also the mindset itself. I am left with a terrible feeling that we don't have the stomach for the real fight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:49:26 PM EST
Yes, eradicating an idea is very difficult. Islam is here to stay.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:58:10 PM EST
I have been one to keep asking what the good muslims think..... In all fairness, I found this very easily on their site. They may not all agree, but this post seems to be from a well respected member of their forum:

http://forums.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=18176&
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:02:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 8:03:56 PM EST by hydroshok]
must keep mouth shut
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:04:18 PM EST
Yes, there are the rational exceptions to the majority viewpoint. But in every verse they cite, it can easily be twisted back around.

Example: “If any one kills a person– unless it be in retaliation for murder or (by way of punishment) for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind.” (Al-Maaidah5 :32)

Wow, how easy is it to use the "mischief in the the land" to justify mayhem?

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:07:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By hydroshok:
must keep mouth shut

+1

Top Top